Brake/Clutch Levers and Handgrips

guzz46

I tried the brake lever because I wanted to increase the span, but although they're adjustable, the lever curves back in too far, so even on the their max setting their span was still the same as the stock lever, so I ended up buying the powerparts brake lever, expensive, but has great span adjustment.

s30series

I tried the brake lever because I wanted to increase the span, but although they're adjustable, the lever curves back in too far, so even on the their max setting their span was still the same as the stock lever, so I ended up buying the powerparts brake lever, expensive, but has great span adjustment.

Fitment was good though?

DCMoney

Country flag
I run the levers on my 250 race bike and have a set of those folders waiting for my 390.

No issues on the 250 ones and they work exactly how they should.

guzz46

Yea, they fitted good, they looked like good quality levers, although some people won't use them because of supposed quality control issues, like possible voids in the aluminium, some people have had their front brake lockup, possible from poor fitment.

DCMoney

Country flag
Yea, they fitted good, they looked like good quality levers, although some people won't use them because of supposed quality control issues, like possible voids in the aluminium, some people have had their front brake lockup, possible from poor fitment.

Believe the reported lock ups were on radial brake master cylinders.

Treachery

Country flag
I've run Pazzo levers on three bikes. Spendy, but very nicely made. For the FJR, I learned about the ...alternative source (cough...knockoff...cough) levers from eBay and elsewhere. The knock I'd heard was durability of the anodized finishes, primarily fading. As to brake lockup, I'd heard this as well, but not limited to the knockoff levers, but more commonly from radial MCs. But, since the Chinese levers were such a good deal, and because I'd read that folks were happy with them functionally (on the FJR), I tried a pair, from The2Wheels.com. The prices were actually better direct than from their eBay store, with free worldwide shipping. For the price, I decided that I could refinish them myself if that didn't hold up. I also hedged my bet a little by getting silver levers with black adjusters...only the adjuster could fade. Well, two years on, and they look perfect. Even better, they fit and work fine. The only issue that I hit was that if I adjust the clutch to the closest setting, I have to be conscious of pulling it all the way in or there can be a little drag when stopped.

So...back to the RC: I just finished ordering a set of these in titanium with orange adjusters. I'll post up the transit time and pics when they get here.