brembo 17rcs/19rcs or frando 17mm/19mm master cylinder

psych0hans

Country flag
Im planning on buying a new master cylinder for my bike and im torn between the 17 and 19mm models. A lot of guys use the 19rcs and are very happy with it, but i havent seen any reviews of the 17rcs at all. im also considering frando as an option, as im getting decent priciing on them,but not too many reviews to be found. they also seem to be of a deecent enouh qualiity ablndx are made in taiwan, not china. taiwanese quality is faar superior than chinese. I dont wanna get a 15/16 because i WILL do a dual disc mod eventually and i want a master that can handle dual calipers. thanks.

Dual disc is more for cosmetic than performance, so please lets stay away from that arguement. :)

I don't think you need them. A system flush and bleed with good quality DOT 4 or 5.1. Add EBC, SBS, or Brembo pads and go out and stop with confidence. If you need more, dump the ABS for direct lines.

SPG

Agreed.

Cosmetic issues aside, a single disk will also weigh a few pounds less. With stock lines, no ABS, and HH pads, my bike will easily lift the rear wheel with two fingers while braking for corners. I removed 2 of the 4 lines and the ABS unit, and the brakes are quite decent.

I'd like to try some Vesrah pads when I wear out the EBCs, but they certainly do the job in the meantime.

-Sean

I don't think you need to go overboard on that kind of setup just for the WOW factor. On the Duke 390 forum there is a thread by philcuore about him swapping to Brembo RCS19 and matching hydraulic clutch mod.

Here: Brembo RCS19 Hydraulic Clutch and Brake mod - final - KTM Duke 390 Forum

It's nice it can be done, but on a bike with this power and weight, do you 'really' need that power. I don't think so. But like it's been said, your time, your money.

Have fun!
:)

psych0hans

Country flag
Thanks HB, I have read that thread, I'm a member on that forum as well. That's why I figured, I'd try a 17 instead of 19. Anyways, I got a sweet deal on a 17RCS and will be ordering it soon. Thanks for the input guys :D