Brembo 18/19 on the rc

mdabyo

Country flag
Anyone run a 18/19 on the rc? I fell into one from another racer and am planning on mounting it up.

green_bread

Country flag
I knew someone who ran a 19 and they hated it. Said it was way too much master for the RC. Switched it out to a 15 and they loved it.

Personally, Ive been more than fine with the stock master after switching to non-ABS braided lines and EBC HH pads. Brakes just slow you down.... ;-)

I have played with the RCS19 on small single disc bikes and it was not good. There is way too much pressure going to calipers and the brakes ended up feeling like blocks of wood on ice. The RCS15 is an excellent choice for the smaller brake set up.

Just my experience, do what you gotta do.

mdabyo

Country flag
ya, i was worried about that.. its just such a smoking deal. LOL. but really not worth the brick feeling, since the main reason to go to a brembo is for trail braking feel, that kinda goes away at that point.. hmmm.

mdabyo

Country flag
found an old Nissin 14mm master off a 636 laying in my garage that i may mount on and give a try with. should be better than stock and my track really done not have a huge amount of braking so should be good!

If you're shopping for a new master, the Brembo RCS 15 is amazing but so is the Magura HC1 (or 3, I forget). It has the same set up as stock with a 12.7mm piston but is much better for feel and control. I ran one on my Ninja 300 for a while, I really liked it.

green_bread

Country flag
The HC1 is an excellent master. I ran one on my stunt Grom for a long time and it was great. I could never get the precise feeling out of it that I could get out of the Brembo, though.

I knew someone who ran a 19 and they hated it. Said it was way too much master for the RC. Switched it out to a 15 and they loved it.

Personally, Ive been more than fine with the stock master after switching to non-ABS braided lines and EBC HH pads. Brakes just slow you down.... ;-)

What brake lines are you running green_bread?