Chain Cover/Rear Hugger

Fasteddy

Country flag
Okay, it looks like the Duke chainguard still uses the @#$! screw behind the rearset. Am I seeing it wrong?

Yes it does, but, to remove and reinstall, with bike up on quick stand apply downward pressure and have your helper remove (one use for having kids), then do same for reinstall...
IMG_0525M.jpg

Of course you could use a tie down to colapse the suspension also.....

stevieboy

Country flag
Yes it does, but, to remove and reinstall, with bike up on quick stand apply downward pressure and have your helper remove (one use for having kids), then do same for reinstall...
View attachment 2495

Of course you could use a tie down to colapse the suspension also.....

Just installed the Duke hugger and chainguard. Got it from BikeBandit relatively quickly (I imagine my local KTM dealer would make me wait months). Definitely fiddly with all the fasteners but got the old one off and new on in about ten minutes. Undid the bolt behind footpeg (I don't like to call them rearsets unless they are REARSET from the stock position) bracket and then bounced my chest on the pillion saddle while removing. Replacement was opposite maneuver. Easy.

Ryanthegreat1

Cut a slot in the bolt hole for the chain guard if you insist on running it. That way you don't have to remove the bolt, just take it loose and slide the guard out. I did this on the stock RC390 hugger until I got tired of having to monkey with it to clean the chain. I am just running the Duke hugger and no guard.

Treachery

Country flag
So, wait: You back the screw out (basically until it hits the heel guard, compress the suspension, and snatch it out?

reenmachine

Country flag
So, wait: You back the screw out (basically until it hits the heel guard, compress the suspension, and snatch it out?

I did almost the same. I laid across the pillion saddle from the right side of the bike like a saddlebag. Grabbed the swingarm on the left side with my left hand, pulled a little to compress the rear suspension more, and slid the bolt out. Same for installation. Easy peasy.