Check Side Stand Bolts!

isaac_

I just want to take a moment to bitch about how much I hate the placement of the bolts on this freaking side stand.

View attachment 4628

Two screws - #5 in that pic - I can access the rearmost one just by reaching under the bike, but the forward one is so close to the side stand sensor I have no idea how I am supposed to access it without removing the freaking swingarm nut (#4) This is an insane amount of disassembly work to fix a problem I am now having very frequently (side stand bolts coming loose). Anyone have a tip for how to reach the two bolts without taking the whole damn side stand off?

This the left hand side, no? Just take nut off. Easy. If it was the right side... then you’d have room to bitch. Impact wrench is your buddy.

grinder96

Country flag
I also just found my kickstand wobbly. (2017MY) I get that they, as well as any bolts can come loose on any bike but I JUST got this back from the dealer that supposedly did the break in service and checked all the bolts for tightness. Obviously not these! Is anyone putting blue locktight on these? Off to the garage!!

josefmd

Country flag
I went out to check my kickstand bolts on my 18, and it looks like they changed the way it bolts on with the 17 model yr and up. Bolt's goes thru from front of bracket and has a 12mm nut with washer on backside. Mine were both snug.