Chinese exhaust?

Falkon45

Country flag
Ah the trials of exhaust changeovers and removals, I had a lot of fun just installing a cat delete pipe between the header and 'tea pot', took me for bloody ever. looking at the dramas you had I would have probably not bothered lol and just gone with the Werks cat delete and slip on for the 2017. I just used an Italian copy (Gianelli) of the arrow cat delete....

Lol. Well, you live and you learn. Actually, I'm kinda glad, in the end. I have the Tyga header, so I can get the maggot later on, and not have to do this again. I wish I had gotten a base line. I'm gonna try and put this thing on the Dyno when I get back and see what I have. Then, I'll ask for the akra map, and see what I have. I also need to see if the shims I have for my ZX7R can fit the Ti retainers I have. If so, then I'll put those in on my next service.

Falkon45

Country flag
The akra map isn't a stopping point. Just something to level the bike out for the time being. This was my last "big" purchase for the bike for now. I have two project cars in the works, and about to focus on those. For the price of the PVC and WBC2 (the route in planning on going), I can get rods or cams for one of my engines. Lol. Sort of the reason I went with the cheap exhaust. I dropped a rather large amount on an adapter plate and custom flywheel for one car, and fighting with another company to get money back on a custom intake manifold they didn't build.

John390

Falkon45, the PCV and WBC2 is a lot of money. For the same fucnctionality you can get the Rapidbike Evo Exclusive, for less than half the price.

Saves lots for other projects. :)

Falkon45

Country flag
Falkon45, the PCV and WBC2 is a lot of money. For the same fucnctionality you can get the Rapidbike Evo Exclusive, for less than half the price.

Saves lots for other projects. :)

Totally would if there was an option for the 17 & up.

Actually, just looked it up instead of going through the forums. Lol. Not bad at all. Guess that'll be next. Or I'll just wait until I'm through my first set of tires. Lol.

Last edited:

Falkon45

Country flag
Man... I was so close to buying a rapid bike Evo exclusive just now. I had a Google credit card I forgot about, because I only used it to buy my phone. It showed up as an option make the purchase. Lol. I stopped, though. Lol. About how much is it for the akra map? If it's within $100 of the Evo, I'll get that. Lol.

Chuditch

usually if you buy a piggyback, the seller offers a number of maps. you can then request the one closest to your setup to be put on the unit....

Falkon45

Country flag
usually if you buy a piggyback, the seller offers a number of maps. you can then request the one closest to your setup to be put on the unit....

It's not so much the mail I'm worried about. It's cost. If it costs $40-60 for the map, then I'll just add that on my next service. If it's around $200, then I'll just buy the RBE.

Got my hands stirring a lot of pots right now, and putting more things on the back burner to focus on main course (namely, the Supra and Cressida).

Falkon45

Country flag
Maps should be free with the unit bud.

I think you're missing what I'm saying. The cost to put the akra map on my FACTORY ecu vs the cost of buying the RBE. If those cost are within $100 of each other, I'll just buy the RBE. If I buy the RBE, I'll get a base map installed and go from there.

Last edited:

Falkon45

Country flag
Yeah. Like I said earlier, the akra tune isn't a stopping point. It's just something to hold the bike over until I get farther on my project cars. Putting 3 cars and my ZX7R on the back burner so I can finish two other cars. I just snuck the rc390 in there because I could.

Falkon45

Country flag
So, I've had the header and exhaust on and riding for a couple days. It was an immediate check engine light. Lol. I've definitely lost some power and low end torque. Guess I'll try and get an RBE after Christmas.

Falkon45

Country flag
After a long ride yesterday, and emptying the tank, I filled back up, and had an instant power increase. Guess I just had bad gas, because I didn't fill up at they local value brand place. Was never noticable with the stock exhaust. Lol.

Also, does anyone have a picture of their DB killer? I removed mine, and my bike actually sounded a million times better at idle, but not much louder. I think the DB killer of mine is made incorrectly, as it's just a pipe shoved into a baffel. I think most are at least perforated.

mattv

Country flag
The db killer on my yoshi is the same, no perforations. Just a tube crammed into a collar. It does make a noticeable difference in volume for me.

Falkon45

Country flag
So, I went by the dealership yesterday to see if the could install the akra map. First, their guru said there wasn't one. I told him there was a part number. I could only find the last 4 numbers. Then he said that KTM did an update and they might not be able to install the map. They tried, and couldn't find anything. Not an actual waste of time, because I found out about a rider group that is very much aimed at how I want to ride. So, looks like the rapid bike it is.

Pes0001

Country flag
HI, just read this post now. I have purchased a Rapid Bike evo exclusive for my 2017 rc390.
First off I tried getting an acro map for the 17 and was told there is not one probably due to the ride by wire throttle body. Completely different setup. One thing about the exclusive is that you can only use it on the model of bike you have purchased it for. So you probably wont even be able to put it on a 2016 Duke 390.
If it not an exclusive you can probably swop it out on bikes and just get a different harness. Just something to think about.
Another thing with the evo versus the race is that you cannot 1.adjust ignition timing 2. No launch control 3. no traction control.
On the evo and probably on the race as well you cannot increase the rev limiter as there web brochure states. That is a generic brochure and on the KTM this feature is not functional.
The evo cannot adjust A/F ratios to a given target. It is the same as the PCV . you have to add an additional piece of equipment (autotune) another few hundred$
Evo exclusive is $395. Non exclusive is $525. Tuning module is $325. so you can set the A/F target.and will have to install a second A/F sensor.
The main advantage of the rapidbike versus PCV is that the system fools the existing A/F signal from the A/F sensor to the ECU and makes it think that the AF ratios are
correct. You still have to run it on a dyno just like the PCV and then set the mapping and upload it to the RB Evo.
What I have done is installed a second Bosch A/F sensor on my Tyga header to read the true AF ratio. This is connected to an Innovate lm-2 data logger/OBDii scanner.
So you can actually record different data whilst riding from the OBD,AF sensor and RPM connector or Clamp.
With the 2017 RC390 with ride by wire you are supposed to first run the bike on a dyno so that you can read the full throttle open position. This cannot be done the same way as a regular type throttle body with a cable that opens the butterfly, connected to a Throttle Position Sensor.
Onece you have set the 100% opening You can now ride the bike and record your AF ratios. You can start and stop recordings. whilst riding.
I purchased a Tyga system all the way to the back without the maggots or serpentine mufflers. I was worried the Maggots might be a bit loud for the street and I am not really fond of the serpentine looks. So I have been making my own two mufflers in the rear. Problem is I have to rely on others to do my tig welding, so has taken longer than expected.
So what I did was purchased a $38 mid pipe for a duke 390 to see if it would fit. It fits right on the TYGa header but at the bottom It comes out underneath the foot peg and is about a 20degree angle facing away from the swingarm and the muffler is parallel to the swingarm. (Does not go up at an angle towards the back of seat.)
what I did was cut off the last 4 inches of the mid pipe then took some 51 mm stainless tube and made some pie cuts and marked them all up used clear scotch tape to hold them together and then got them spot welded for rechecking. The muffler is a cheap $62 chinese universal muffler with the " akrapovic sticker"
This is just a temporary setup so I can ride the bike in the mean time without having to put all the stock 2017 pieces back on.
Pity I did not read your post last year, I could have helped with the header removal. What I did was loosened the radiator, unscrewed the AF sensor, removed the left engine mount bracket moved that rubber flap away. Removed the radiator cap so that horrible coolant pipe will now compress when you squeeze it and you can get things past it.
Hope this helps with deciding between PCV and Rapid Bike. Would like to hear about the PowerTronic and how it compares. I think it has the same problem as the PCV where it cannot change the low and midrange af ratios.
I did run the bike on a dyno after 1200 miles completely stock as it came out of the dealer as a base line.

Last edited:

amejia

so this happened sunday lol went from brrrrrr to BRRRRRRRRR :D:D:D:D

Attachments

• IMG_6189.jpg
    IMG_6189.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6187.jpg
    IMG_6187.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 59