Ryanthegreat1

Does anyone else notice that the brightness of the gauge cluster seems to change? I swear it does and I always catch it in my peripheral vision and it is a bit distracting. I can't seem to narrow down what causes it.

I do notice that if I key on and let the gauge do its initialization it is full brightness and then a relay clicks and the display dims slightly.

Any ideas?

Ryanthegreat1

I must not have read that part.... I was interested in service intervals and how to change the stuff displayed in the cluster.

Now to find the ambient light sensor and disable it. I find it very distracting having the brightness change abruptly.

TomHertz

I must not have read that part.... I was interested in service intervals and how to change the stuff displayed in the cluster.

Now to find the ambient light sensor and disable it. I find it very distracting having the brightness change abruptly.

Sorry to reignite an old thread but any chance you'd figured out if disabling this is possible? I've done a bit of research with not much luck, but you're right, it is distracting. I notice on the highway going in and out of tunnels you get a flash of orange causing you to want to look down.

I can live with it if it's not, just seems like more of a hindrance than help. Would be better if it was just on all the time IMHO.