Crank position sensor

ahastings

Has anyone had one go bad ? My bike died this weekend at a race and has blink code 22 which is engine speed signal. Can't find any info online, but only thing that generates engine speed signal I see would be ckp sensor. I checked wiring from it to ECU and also ohmed it out read 300 ohms. Not sure what it should be though. Also does dealer have to reset ECU error or will it reset automatically when the failure is fixed?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Csorin

My bike did the same last week. Took it to the local KTM dealer. They reset the error code, but bike continued to hard start and die. They were not familiar with Power Commanders and didn't have the software to plug it in. I plan on picking the bike up and seeing if the PCV is throwing any errors or not reading a signal correctly. If it's still shitting out I'll completely remove the PCV. It's a brand new install with only a couple track days on it.

Do do you have an after market fuel controller installed? This is interestingly the third crankshaft position error I've heard of in as many weeks.

Has anyone had one go bad ? My bike died this weekend at a race and has blink code 22 which is engine speed signal. Can't find any info online, but only thing that generates engine speed signal I see would be ckp sensor. I checked wiring from it to ECU and also ohmed it out read 300 ohms. Not sure what it should be though. Also does dealer have to reset ECU error or will it reset automatically when the failure is fixed?

ahastings

Yes it's strange. I think mine just showed the code because it wouldn't start. Checked compression and had none. So I tore it down and had a cracked piston. It's all rebuilt now with Chad's superbikes kit, which picked up about 5 more hp