crash on rc 390 street version

noamkrief

hey everyone, just got my RC 390 2 weeks ago!!!!!
Had 100's of track days on R6.
So I'm running A group 70% carrying decent momentum, going through very fast chicane (Portland International Raceway OR. Turn-7,8) and crash. (this chicane is simular to T1 at Auto Club Speedway, CA)

Wondering why obviously.
Last session of the day, 7-8 laps in, so tires warm, about 72 deg outside.
Been running fine all day, knee down everywhere, accelerating at high lean, plenty of grip to spare on Alpha 13.

I'm riding at 70% all day not pushing, no big trailing, just carrying some speed.

So turning left for T7 neutral throttle, balanced chassis, flick hard right T8 and as I'm going from left to right, pretty much at vertical, I low side to the right.
I don't know if it's the front or the rear, I just hit the ground. All I know is my chassis is balanced neutral throttle, maybe 20% throttle.

I have enough track experience to know this should not happen, and I'm really not concerned with what I did but possible explanations from fellow riders at the track.

1) stock suspension doesn't rebound quickly enough for T7,8 at PIR. So when my front is compressed for the left hand, and as soon as I lean fast to the right, my front suspension is still compressed and does not extend so I loose contact with the ground.

2) I'm worried about that stupid coolant overflow hose right infront of my rear tire. It's wet, slipper and green. Could it be dripping on my rear tire? (i'm making a catch can for it in a few days regardless)

PS - if anyone saw my other thread - please answer - 2015 vs 2016 CUP version - ANY DIFFERENCES? I just bought a new 2015 CUP bike today, so that's why i'm asking.

Thanks in advance you guys.
Noam

Grove

Hopefully others more knowledgeable will chime in. But I've read tons of posts to suggest that explanation 1 might be a huge factor here.

SPG

Stock suspension has very little compression, but rebound isn't bad. I would eliminate everything else before settling on that for a cause.
-Sean