Treachery

Country flag
Okay. This is sort of one of those "universal threads" that appears on a lot of forums. It's usually not all that weighty, but keeps the conversation going. So, I can't help myself; here we go.

Here's the deal. Post (mostly) what'cha want, but talk about whether you rode. Basically the day you post. We'll give you a pass if it was yesterday; longer than that might get nuked. Ride reports are good. How far or fast? That too. Where'd you go and who'd you ride with? Tell us! Overcoming mechanical, physical, emotional or natural obstacles? Gold star.

This time of year, there's going to be some bellyaching about the weather. Well, except on the pretty days in the south and most of the winter in the Southwest and warmer international climates. Don't rub it in. Our Northern Brethren can't help it. Neither can the Brits for what they claim is a big piece of the year. I dunno... The flip-side is that Southerners are going to gripe when we sweat our eyeballs out in July. Anyway, some weather discussion is okay. Unless I'm in a blizzard...or on the Ark.

The general assumption is that you'll be riding your RC. If you rode something different, confession is up to you. Unless it was a different KTM, in which case you get a pass. Bear in mind that (gentle) ridicule may not be agin' the rulz.

Pics are a bonus. Scenery, the bike, whatever. Race or track pics? Absolutely. Selfies? Depends. Do we really wanna see ya? You can keep it simple, or do a ride report. Whatever makes ya feel good.

Now, commentary on other posts is fine. Just behave. Get OT? Nukeola. Get mean? ...just don't.

SO: There ya go. What'cha got?

nhenneman

Took a ride with a few fellas on Monday, had the day off so we figured it would be a great day for a ride in the north Ga mountains. The RC was able to hold its own pretty well, especially in the corners, but was getting pretty blasted in the straights. The two other bikes were a BMW R1200rt and a Yamaha XSR900. We were having a blast and then it started to rain while we were coming down the mountain, which made for a more stressful ride. Overall, great ride! We got in just over 300 miles I believe. Only got a so-so selfie at Two Wheels in Suches, with the RC just behind me, but next time I'll get some good scenic ones. Atlanta weather has been extremely pleasant the past week. Hope everyone has a good day!
IMG_0460.JPG

OldVet

I got 166 miles of twistys in Tuesday with three friends. We stopped at Starbucks about half way through the ride :)

16143132_1798072563791281_6112858024838684579_n.jpg

Treachery

Country flag
Well, I suppose I should contribute to my own thread.

Did I ride today? Yes I did. Blessed with the combination of a day off, near perfect weather (mid-70s, scattered clouds), a weekday with not much traffic, and a trip to one of those roads that you only share with people you trust, and you’ve got a nice combination. I always like riding this time of year: It's warm enough that you don't have to pile on layers, and there's heat in the pavement to get the tires to bite. But at the same time, the trees and brush aren't in full foliage, so the sight lines are great. I had not been out on the RC in a little while, in spite of the mild weather, so I was due.

I had been riding a bike that was (speaking charitably) bigger than the RC. As in weighing as much as me plus the RC. So, I had to recalibrate my inputs and expectations. It was an absolute GAS. The bike was running well, there was plenty of grip, and since we've had a mild winter, not too much silt/debris on the roads. Somehow, the State of NC had repaved some of said undisclosed road, and there was fun to be had. I even got to enjoy Austrian mystery math: I did the last eight miles before my gas stop with "0" miles to empty. Dear KTM: WTF?

I did have one “moment” that I thought I’d pass along. The early spring has contributed to some pretty big bugs. Among those are some impressive bumblebees. I’m hooning up the road and something hits me in the shoulder hard enough to get my attention. I’m thinking “wow, glad that didn’t go up into my… HELMET!!!” All of a sudden I’m sharing space between my snoot and the faceshield with some buzzing thing roughly the size of a sparrow. Go ahead, put one in there and see how big it looks to YOU! I’m blowing and shaking my head, trying to encourage his departure while not calling attention to my face in close proximity to his “business end.” (I should mention that I’m allergic…) Finally it occurred to me to open the shield…and to flip up the internal sun visor. Then it occurred to me that I should both breathe, and drive the motorcycle. Well, apparently he left the scene, and (once my heart rate settled) festivities resumed.

Gratuitous pic (also to be shared on the "Show us your RC" thread. This is one of my favorite motorcycle pic locations.

RC_O18_2A.jpg

Last edited:

stevieboy

Country flag
Had a little time last Friday and it was nice and warm. Rode the RC for about 25 miles. I remembered more low end grunt or so I thought. I also rode my new to me Derbi GPR-r. Gotta admit I have a soft spot for the little two strokes. Only rode about twenty on it before it was time to get back to work.

MrGrody

I usually don't ride far at all. A day of riding for me is usually 60-80 miles round trip as I'm spoiled by location of canyons. But today I rode 140 miles round trip for a latte lol. Spur of the moment thing. Lucked out too. On the way home one of the canyons was closed for construction, when it opened I was the leader. 20 miles of twistys with zero cars. Pretty great day on the 390
dbacbcac03bc959eea72c48a64ba9c2f.jpg
61b05e01361cec2790366d05e414ca95.jpg

OldVet

I got out for a little ride today, a little less than 100 miles... I wanted to check out one of my favorite roads that got washed out a couple of months ago, it makes a nice loop. It appears all they need to do is pave it and it will be good to go... I took a little video along the way also...

https://youtu.be/XJttBCG4AXw

037.JPG

OldVet

237 miles today... I'm starting to think there is only a couple of us that ride the street?

039.jpg

The mrs and I did our local mountain yesterday on the RC390 and 690R Duke. Had to take it easy as its Easter and cops are soaking the roads. The mrs still scraper her pegs so she is well chuffed lol.

Tomorrow we will be heading out to Mt Glorious and across the dams and will try for some pics.

Her Duke 690R is going up for sale today as we are buying the 2017 Duke 390 as well. My 690R is not being sold :)

Rcdan

Been out a couple times but the weather is still a little unfavorable up here in Maine. Love the new
comfort seat though another worthwhile upgrade.

We took the 690R and the RC390 up Mt Mee today and onto woodford for a coffee and some hot chips :)

Easter weekend here so it was cop flooded and we had to sit on the speed limit the entire trip sigh...but still better than sitting at home watching our neighbours mow their lawns :)

Treachery

Country flag
Gotta confess that this weekend wasn't the RC's. Last night to Hickory, NC for dinner, today to Little Switzerland for lunch. Me and Miz Treachery may be smallish, but not smallish to do 2-up on the little scoot.

We did work around the house like normal people do on weekends today sigh...

The RC gets put on the Dyno tomorrow and then I do the airbox/kn filter and then its back on the Dyno the following day to fit the PCV so thats the next coupla days sorted :)

Metals 907

After a week of having my bike in pieces . I've got fresh tires dual hi low rigid sr-6 specter light bars. Diy tail tidy. Put 6200 miles on it bone stock last season. She's still going strong. About to ride her home. 20170426_192147.jpg