Michelle

Nice scenery OldVet , 264 miles WOW , have you still the factory seat on there ?, I was thinking about getting one of them comfy ones that you can buy.... I love my bike but after an hour of riding it hurts my butt...
I am going to my mums soon ,, she lives 206 miles away so we will see how my butt gets on :p....

OldVet

Yeah stock seat... I can ride forever or at least 400 miles a day if the roads are twisty. Put me on a freeway (which I avoid like the plague) and my butt starts hurting in just a few miles... A couple more shots from the same area.

20170712_130905_resized.jpg

20170712_130922_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Michelle

OMG , I feel like I just want to run down that mountain ,, take all my clothes off and go swimming... That sea water looks nice and clear ..... You should see our sea water ,, it don,t look like that OldVet.....
It must be cos your moving all the time then you don,t get a sore butt...
I am ok for an hour then it starts to get uncomfortable ,, I was looking at them Ergo seats last night ,, no one seems to have one in stock ,, I would have to wait a week or so ,, I might just order one when I get home from work later..
Thanks for showing me the great pictures OldVet :)......

OldVet

OMG , I feel like I just want to run down that mountain ,, take all my clothes off and go swimming... That sea water looks nice and clear ..... You should see our sea water ,, it don,t look like that OldVet.....
It must be cos your moving all the time then you don,t get a sore butt...
I am ok for an hour then it starts to get uncomfortable ,, I was looking at them Ergo seats last night ,, no one seems to have one in stock ,, I would have to wait a week or so ,, I might just order one when I get home from work later..
Thanks for showing me the great pictures OldVet :)......

Michelle I hope you ordered the seat and it helps.

If you would like to run down that mountain here you go. The water here is nice and clean but cold so if you was to go swimming it would be a short swim I think.

This is part of the road going down to the coast. I stopped at my friend Dane’s site (where I took the picture from) he passed away a year ago yesterday and we spread his ashes here.

I need a new camera the quality with this one is pretty sad :(

https://youtu.be/6Mcx1Lq_NK0

This is from Dane’s site to highway 1 by the coast.
https://youtu.be/k8-K48rgcUE

Michelle

Fantastic views , I do a lot of cycling and I would love to cycle down that mountain ,, it just seems to go on forever..... The pictures must be deceiving because it looks super hot there so you would think the sea is warm..
Cool videos OldVet ,, I see you have a few of them and I did watch some...... I like the music on them ,, after a long cycle ride yesterday they almost sent me off to sleep :p....

Maddog What I feel and what I do are two different things :) ........ I would not want to scare anyone , they would be scared for life if I took my clothes off :).....
I remember when I was young and out camping with friends in Scarborough ,, we all got drunk and decided to go swimming in the sea at night ,, I was soooooo cold the rest of the night ,, never did that again....

Kootenanny

Bit of a Sunday ride today.

Rode the 390 to a Regional Fire Chiefs Association meeting this morning (I'm Deputy Chief at a rural volunteer hall). Found out in the parking lot that I'd passed one of the other Chiefs in his pickup truck...oopsy! (no harm done)

Another Chief is a rider, he came on his older VFR and we rode together back to his town (about an hour ride). I then completed the loop to arrive back home...route included lots of ground-down ashpalt (they're preparing for paving) and some sweet sections of pristine, brand-new pavement. Once the paving is finished, it'll be epic!

Andy

Country flag
Just been out for a spin over Hartside and back, bloody Cumbria County Council and their resurfacing program, loose chippings everywhere!

Kootenanny

Just been out for a spin over Hartside and back, bloody Cumbria County Council and their resurfacing program, loose chippings everywhere!
Hate it when they do that. Proper repaving is much better (but of course, takes longer and costs more...).

MrGrody

Took a fast pace cruise to Julian. Empty roads and good weather. Can't complain.
73fffad14349ce8bccffaa90f6768d54.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

karizzle38

Cool pic, MrGrody. How do you ride without mirrors? Is it easy or do you constantly feel uneasy about not knowing what's behind you?

Treachery

Country flag
Well, no. No I didn't. Off today; jumped out and did an hour on the bicycle; obligatory cardio. Came home, and before showering and lunch, I pulled the RC out to air up the tires and eyeball things. Noticed that the color of the brake fluid suggested the need for a bleed/flush. No BD; SpeedBleeders make that a short job. Front was easy. Absolutely stunning amount of air in the rear, so that added some time Still no BD. Wrapped that up, aired up the tires and started to go in for lunch.

Then I noticed it.

Oil on the swingarm near the lower shock mount. Again. That was the end of riding plans. Hadda haul out the lift jack and the stands to pull the shock and put the OE in place, then put everything away. Left me short of motivation for anything past malt beverages and a nap.