Dyno Questions

waveriders

So I received my Arrow GP exhaust and PCV last week. The PCV came with the Arrow Fuel Map installed. My questions are:

1. Should I get the bike on the dyno prior to installing everything to get a baseline? Is it a waste of money?
2. Does the tuner need the dyno baseline data to tune the bike correctly?

thanks,

Gary

micahpearlman

I didn't do a baseline. Tuner is trying to get the optimum AFR and power curve. But ask your tuner and get their opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArkansasDave

I would say the only reason for a baseline is to know how much hp you gained. Since dynos can read any number you choose the real number that you care about is the gain. To be accurate the exhaust would have to be installed on the dyno to really get any good data.

I wouldnt pay any extra for it.

ToraTora

Country flag
The tuner doesn't need to see what the bike did prior to how you are tuning it now. It had different equipment on it, so the bike will be different. The tuner has to tune to the equipment on the bike.

The thing is you are going to be comparing it to a stock machine. There will of course be some variation, but really you can judge most of the improvement based what KTM has posted, and what reviewers of the machine have posted as a pretty good idea of the baseline of your bike. ;)

HFD1 Tuner

We do not need to see the baseline to tune your bike it is just data to see how the new pipe versus old pipe works. I do a run then pull old widget off and install new widget and do a pull just to see real time what gains or losses before tuning. Baseline only works if you can do it that day. Well at least the same type weather ect. same dyno yada yada. Some dynos read hp different and correction factors and such.

waveriders

I had my bike put on the dyno. My main purpose was to get rid of some of the deceleration popping, after installing the new Arrow GP exhaust and PCV. I also installed a K&N filter, but didn't modify the air box. With this configuration, he showed me that I was topping out at 40hp, and he said that it was hp at the rear wheel. The main difference I feel is that the throttle response is much better. The shop is supposed to email me the data, but with the races in Daytona this past weekend, they didn't get to it. Hopefully will have it this week. I have a track day scheduled for this coming weekend, so I'm anxious to see how much different if feels from the last time.