Exhaust question

Joe

Need help for upgrade 2018 ktm rc390 exhaust system
My bike is 2018 KTM RC390. I wanna upgrade the exhaust system, here are some options for me, please give me some suggestions.
1. Tyga full system, wss300 or serpent
2. Tyga header + Akra slip-on (15-16)
3. Competition Werkes Cat Delete + Akra slip-on

I wanna know what's the advantages and disadvantages of those options. Thanks !!

othebe

Country flag
I have the Tyga moto maggot system. I like it because the whole system is ridiculously light and has a unique twin undertail look. It also has... character... because its ridiculously loud and has been dubbed the fart bike, which my friend thinks is awesome. If it's for city use, I'd strongly recommend against because it's almost like two straight pipes. It's probably time for a repacking (under 3K miles) but I'm not sure how since the cans are welded. I haven't had a chance to dyno this so not sure about numbers. Honestly, the stock exhaust is also quite good in terms of perf - I'm going to be testing it with a comp werkes cat delete pipe this weekend.

I think the Akra slip-on would also be a good option, no experience on this but it sounds and looks cool. Good luck!

Joe

I have the Tyga moto maggot system. I like it because the whole system is ridiculously light and has a unique twin undertail look. It also has... character... because its ridiculously loud and has been dubbed the fart bike, which my friend thinks is awesome. If it's for city use, I'd strongly recommend against because it's almost like two straight pipes. It's probably time for a repacking (under 3K miles) but I'm not sure how since the cans are welded. I haven't had a chance to dyno this so not sure about numbers. Honestly, the stock exhaust is also quite good in terms of perf - I'm going to be testing it with a comp werkes cat delete pipe this weekend.

I think the Akra slip-on would also be a good option, no experience on this but it sounds and looks cool. Good luck!
Thanks for your information!!

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
The Moto Maggots are obscenely loud. I took the MM 'silencers' off my track bike and will sell them cheap if anyone wants them. I'll include at no extra charge some suggested wording for a public apology to publish in your regional newspaper.