Fast Frank Racing

ryandalling

Just ordered captive wheel spacers and a few other things from fastfrankracing.com ... any first hand experience? This stuff looks like it may make tire changes much easier...

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I haven't got any of the 390 stuff yet, BUT all of Frank's stuff is killer. All his quick change kits for gsxr, zx, R6 are superb.

Bagwell

Country flag
the wheel spacers stay in place in the oil seals of the wheel so when you pull the wheel off to replace tires or change wheels you dont have to fumble to keep wheel spacers together or to get them in place when you replace the wheel. Commonly used for racing where you may change wheels during an endurance race or even to keep things tidy and in place when changing wheel between races etc.

reenmachine

Country flag
Makes sense and I figured it was something like that. Sounds like a small convenience for someone like me who only occasionally has the wheel off.

DCMoney

Country flag
His stuff is really nice!

I make my own, this is a front wheel captive spacer. If I had access to a CNC lathe mine would look at nice as FF's.

rick

I've been curious, do you leave the captive wheel spacers on when you get the tire changed or do you pull them off first? If you pull them off first, do you worry about the seal getting torn up quickly or just replace it more often 'cause it ain't that expensive anyway?

I have 'em on another bike and while they are pretty neat, I've always wondered about that.

D

Deleted member 452

I installed them when I powdercoated my wheels and they're a lot lighter than stock : )

DCMoney

Country flag
I've been curious, do you leave the captive wheel spacers on when you get the tire changed or do you pull them off first? If you pull them off first, do you worry about the seal getting torn up quickly or just replace it more often 'cause it ain't that expensive anyway?

I have 'em on another bike and while they are pretty neat, I've always wondered about that.

Leave on, never had a seal fail because of a captive spacer.

Bobby

This sounds amazing, I've never heard of it before! I'm going to have to check the AFM rules to see if I can do this.

rick

This sounds amazing, I've never heard of it before! I'm going to have to check the AFM rules to see if I can do this.
Back in the day it must have been legal because people regularly replaced the wheel spacers with custom ones to remove the speedometer (at least on bikes that had that). For an example see pit-bull.com.

It's good to know I can leave the captured spacers on for a tire change. I always worried that they'd be in the way or, worse, get lost and I felt bad for the seals every time I took the captured spacer off.

Bobby

I checked the rulebook and they expressly allow captive spacers. Sweet! lol I want these on all my bikes.

ASM

I have them sitting at home for months right now....haven't put them on yet. I do have his spacers on the GSX-R though and they are great...no more catching them when having the wheels off. Combined with his quick change kit, tire changes on the GSX-R are a breeze...

Can't go wrong with his stuff...

Last edited:

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I noticed that Driven has the captive spacers now too. Definitely convenient.

https://www.drivenracing.com/catalog/captive-wheel-spacers/product/dcws-020

We couldn't live without these on our Bike.

The stock ones, fall out like they were designed to do that. ;-(

Once you have used Captive spacers, you will never want to go back.

For a little closer look, scroll forward to about 8:00 in our Brake Upgrade Video.

[video=youtube;K6UaQcKLykk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6UaQcKLykk[/video]