RC got flooded. I have given it to a mechanic and he manages to get all
the water out of the bike, and replaced all filters and oil. but there
is still electrical problems. there were some relays tripping, the
dashboard turns on and off along with these relay flickering. the idling
was rough. i mean way rough. now the idling is almost steady. but the
dash flickers. the relay flickering has reduced. but flicks here and
there over time. what should i do.?

Tom

If you have loss coverage, I would take the check from the insurance company, then buy the bike back from them at auction cost. You could totally turn it into a project track monster over time, and use the remaining cash for other stuff.

mdabyo

Country flag
what tom said, but if not i would buy a new harness/ECU and see if that fixes your problems, if not then get a dash.

forgedPistons

Country flag
I do not have any insurance. the bike is running fine. the whole problem is with the electricals. The speedo meter is not working, neutral light is ON all the time, and there is a Key Symbol is also lit. so what might be the problem, the ECU? Instrument Cluster? Wiring? or Sensors? or bad Connectors?

reenmachine

Country flag
Put the bike in a bag of rice for a few days and it should be fine! :p

Honestly though, sometimes things just need to dry out. I've been surprised at what electronics I've been able to bring back to life after an unintended dip with some desiccant or dry heat.

How long has it been? Are you in a high humidity environment where things will take longer to dry out?

hvlmike

Country flag
Put the bike in a bag of rice for a few days and it should be fine! :p

Honestly though, sometimes things just need to dry out. I've been surprised at what electronics I've been able to bring back to life after an unintended dip with some desiccant or dry heat.

How long has it been? Are you in a high humidity environment where things will take longer to dry out?

THIS..need to get water out of connectors. I use wd40 to displace water and blow with air to dry.

simpletty

Country flag
corrosion in modules and connectors will be an issue any module that has water intrusion will most likely fail if it isnt already damaged. If it sat for an extended period flooded, best bet is to do an isurance claim. Electricity and water dont mix well. Copper and IC boards turn green quickly when they have been exposed to water for a small period of time. Good luck

forgedPistons

Country flag
so far all the issues have been fixed now. but the speed is still ZERO and the total mileage is not moving either? what might be the problem? i heard the ABS sensor is used sense speed? is it true?