Front forks

Wa2fst

Country flag
Back marker i had a sweet AMA set up GSXR6 i sold it to run the RC390 you WILL NEED at a min a rear shock. I put on a JRi thru SB suspension out of chicago. I can shoot you a # if you get interested.

Backmarker

Wa2fst I am very interested. Yes please send #. How do you like the JRi? I really need suspension work. What are you doing for the front forks.I'm heading out today for my first race with the RC390 but, yesterday was a blast, fun bike and keeps me smiling.

Wa2fst

Country flag
I had GP cartridges put in. Im just waiting for them to come back, they have been shipped so fingers crossed today I will see them. Ken is a working machine at SB suspension. They were $1150 for those and I think $899 for the JRi 2 way shock.

his # is 815-588-3600 ext 101. Leave a message and a # he can text to. Also SB suspension on FB he responds to messages. He is at Miller motorsports this weekend and responds pretty quick.

Wa2fst

Country flag
I just recieved my front forks back from Sb suspension with the GP cartridges installed. I took a pic where the originals were put and since the end cap has changed and the original setup was NOT at one of the 2 lines. Which line are some of you guys lining up to?

Wa2fst

Country flag
This is true but like i stated i have new cartridges put in and the end cap has changed sitting flush isnt the same place so i assume i should rely on the 2 lines that are below the flush settings.

Bagwell

Country flag
Do you have the original caps in hand? Just measure the difference between each from mating surface to top surface and subtract and adjust accordingly.

micahpearlman

This is true but like i stated i have new cartridges put in and the end cap has changed sitting flush isnt the same place so i assume i should rely on the 2 lines that are below the flush settings.

I set mine to the start of the threads of the GP cartridges. If that doesn't make sense I'll take a photo. FYI I had a bit too much oil in my setup and wasn't going through the full stroke even though sag was correct -- so I will be removing some oil and dropping the front a few millimeters below the threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wa2fst

Country flag
Please on the pic. I Think your talking about the small gap between the top of the fork and the new end cap like the original forks were set? I seemed to have more inner fork showing now and this could be because they have not compressed yet.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Here is where i realigned my forks looking at the original setup this has to be really close. Well all of a suden my .jpeg files are being called invalid???

ToraTora

Country flag
Try renaming them with .jpg. Some software doesn't know how to handle .jpeg. :p

I don't know if that's the issue, but it's worth trying because it's so easy to do. ;)

micahpearlman

So here is my current setup. The cap at the threads is flush.

ee50f81cf652bffd63f46cf6fc0368ec.jpg

Now I found there was too much oil in the forks. Sag was good but wasn't going through the stroke. Felt like the front wasn't "setting" and I was pushing the front quite a bit. I will be taking out some oil and dropping the front a few millimeters.

ddfb509c0cf5dea2ccc1028f7a7d3f78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wa2fst

Country flag
Thanks i ended up putting mine at the bottom of the gap. So flush with the top of the actual black part of the fork cylinder.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Still doesnt work and i have changed the pic format

It's not you, or your image. The site appears to currently be borked. I'm having the same issue. JPG, PNG, or GIF. I've also been seeing PHP errors off and on when I try and read a thread, so something is amiss on the server. With photos I'm seeing the problem with uploading and/or linking via URL, it's just not working right/consistently. It seems to work off and on, probably as the site is having the webserver restarted or who knows what... but for whatever reason images don't seem to be working right.