Future RC390 owner

MATT675R

Hello everyone, my name is Matt. I currently ride a 675r that i love and do track days on. I have been looking at getting into amateur racing here in good ole northern California and have been looking into the new 300cc class of motorcycles and the RC390 interest me. I am also going to be checking out the R3 and Ninja 300. The KTM is my favorite so far from looks. trying to get a test ride on one from one of my local dealers before i make my decision. So in the mean time i am checking the forums and found this one. So far a lot of great info and nice people so i registered with the forum. Any feed back or info would be greatly appreciated.

Treachery

Country flag
Welcome. There are several D675 owners on the forum. I don't race, but with the exception of the fact that the RC is new (as is the R3), and race parts are gradually becoming available, I'd be persuaded that the KTM is the best lightweight race platform out there. Good luck with your decision.

ArkansasDave

Well we are still waiting on the verdict on the r3 vs the ktm being the best race bike but I think the chassis is better on the ktm vs the ninja 300 and I've raced both.

Welcome to the forum and remember when picking a lightweight bike the only wrong choice is a Honda.

MATT675R

Dave i would agree with you there. So far this forum has some great info. what tires are you guys running on the race bikes. I here from perilli they a have a pretty bad ass slick set up for them.
Well we are still waiting on the verdict on the r3 vs the ktm being the best race bike but I think the chassis is better on the ktm vs the ninja 300 and I've raced both.

Welcome to the forum and remember when picking a lightweight bike the only wrong choice is a Honda.

ArkansasDave

Dave i would agree with you there. So far this forum has some great info. what tires are you guys running on the race bikes. I here from perilli they a have a pretty bad ass slick set up for them.

There are no slicks available for the small bikes but it's not necessary. Pirelli makes the super corsas and Dunlop makes the alpha 13's and Bridgestone has bt003/r10's available.