GP cartridges

Wa2fst

Country flag
Ken at SB suspension just let me know my stuff was in. Any words of wisdom on shipping forks? Regards to wrapping them up drain or do not drain oil? Bubble wrapping?

Get a long gun carry case at a sporting goods store. Mark it clearly on the out side that it is motorcycle parts. Fir years - It is the way I ship forks and carry my backup forks. If they aren't leaking just ship 'em.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Yea awesome i just happen to have a pelican gun case no foam in it.but i can just lay blankets or whatever! Genius and thanks!

dobr

If you're going to ship a gun case via UPS you need to put it in a box. Otherwise they charge an additional charge.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Really? U have to put a box in a box? What if its just a long hard case that resembles a gun case but is not? I shipped home from afghanistan UPS gunless.

I shipped it as is/was. They charge an extra fee for an irregular shape. It wasn't that bad... well worth the security and easy of packing.

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
If you're going to ship a gun case via UPS you need to put it in a box. Otherwise they charge an additional charge.

Really? U have to put a box in a box? What if its just a long hard case that resembles a gun case but is not? I shipped home from afghanistan UPS gunless.

I shipped it as is/was. They charge an extra fee for an irregular shape. It wasn't that bad... well worth the security and easy of packing.

Ah. ^^^^^ That sorta makes sense. It's a shape/dimensions thing, not a "gun case charge?" UPS gripes me off sometimes with "dimensional weight," where a light box that is above a certain size (L+W+H) gets charged as if it was (usually way) heavier. You can always investigate the USPS or FedEx.

petizo1

Sorry I'm dense but are those the original forks redone? What did SuperPlush do for you? Sweet stuff.

ToraTora

Country flag
I'm pretty sure what he did was get the cartridge upgrade, but had it installed too.

SS2.jpg

Fast Frank also has a kit available. I don't know which one is better. The FF unit sells for $890. An extra $200 for the install.

1433503297181-217342385.jpeg

Fast Frank Kit:
Andreani cartridges are OK. I think Spears Racing offers them for SV's and other light weight bikes in California. Gregg will no doubt offer them for the KTM as well.

Ausracer

I got the Andreani kit from fast frank a while back. We installed it ourselves ( not recommended unless you have the tools or the ability to make them, also not recommended unless you have rebuilt suspension in the past) The $200 install is well worth it. I didn't go this way as freight for forks to and from the US to Australia was out of the question.
The bottom line Andreani kit is good and the vendor great to deal with.