Hekimpd

Ok, the stock grips imho are garbage. The stock factory grips on the mx bikes are great. What are you running and/or suggestions on what to use. Thanks so much.

AirRsq

Ok, the stock grips imho are garbage. The stock factory grips on the mx bikes are great. What are you running and/or suggestions on what to use. Thanks so much.

Agreed on the stockers being garbage. I put on the G2 Quick Turn throttle tube and set of KTM half waffle open end grips made for enduros. I used 'em on my off-road bikes and they are great. Dual-compound, not too skinny or fat, and already open ended to accept bar ends, mirrors, etc.

Treachery

Country flag
Got a PN for the KTM grips AirRsq? Having small hands, I haven't minded the OE items. If I went for something else, I'd either go with some sort of superbike-style dual-compound grips, or my old standby ProGrip 714s.

Last edited:

AirRsq

Got a PN for the KTM grips AirRsq? Having small hands, I haven't minded the OE items. If I went for something else, I'd either go with some sort of superbike-style dual-compound grips, or my old standby ProGrip 714s.

Mfg PN: 63002021200

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/KTM-Open-Dual-Compound-Grips/dp/B0035HAS6G

Treachery

Country flag
Okay, 'nuther question: I've loosely heard that the OE throttle tube and grip are shorter than MC standard. Is that so?

Treachery

Country flag
Well, I during my other travails today, I went to pull the right side grip in preparation for the G2 I have waiting. Nice big-a** nubs on the outer end of the OE throttle tube there, KTM! OTOH, I guess I've got an excuse for new grips.