Hello from North Carolina

jgpncll

Hello everyone. I have been without a motorcycle for about 7 years now and just purchased a 2016 RC 390 this past Saturday. It only has about 60 miles on it as of now but I am looking forward to putting many more miles on it.

I love the bike so far. I have always had 600 CC bikes and am trying to get used to the 390.

Already started purchasing accessories. I am installing the Vagabond fender eliminator kit tonight and have ordered the Motech tank ring and Motech tank bag. This bike has absolutely no storage.

Last edited:

Metals 907

I too went from a 600cc sport bike to the rc390. @ 4000 miles in I can say I miss the horsepower. I don't miss the weight. Having less horsepower makes me think twice when passing cars when traffic is going above 75 - 80 MPh. Anything under is no big deal. The pull from 70 to 90 is okay, just requires more thought and prep than merely twist n go on a larger bike. Ive noticed more effect from low pressure zones near larger vehicles due to the light weight.

jgpncll

I too went from a 600cc sport bike to the rc390. @ 4000 miles in I can say I miss the horsepower. I don't miss the weight. Having less horsepower makes me think twice when passing cars when traffic is going above 75 - 80 MPh. Anything under is no big deal. The pull from 70 to 90 is okay, just requires more thought and prep than merely twist n go on a larger bike. Ive noticed more effect from low pressure zones near larger vehicles due to the light weight.

Thanks for the information. Hadn't really thought of pressure zone effect. Good to know. So far I really like this bike. I feel that I need to upgrade the brake pads soon though.