JRI Double adjustable shock

Diploman

TwinTurba, Here is the comparo to which I referred. My memory was a bit hazy: It was Motorcycle.com, not Mortorcylist.com; and the RC finished third out of four, behind the Kawa and Yam, just ahead of the Honda. It was downgraded specifically because of the shock, and disappointing brakes.

Beginner-ish Sportbike Shootout + Video

twinturba

Country flag
TwinTurba, Here is the comparo to which I referred. My memory was a bit hazy: It was Motorcycle.com, not Mortorcylist.com; and the RC finished third out of four, behind the Kawa and Yam, just ahead of the Honda. It was downgraded specifically because of the shock, and disappointing brakes.

Beginner-ish Sportbike Shootout + Video

Those guys at Motorcycle.com are tripping LOL! Most experts reviewed the same bikes and always the RC390 or Duke 390 comes out on top. Heck, I've owned and ridden 40 motorcycles over the past 25 years and decided the RC390 was so good I just bought my second one today! :D

octaneguy

I'm 202# in gear and I didn't think or feel that riding on the stock shock was any more dangerous than just being on a bike. I rode the canyons and did track days at Chuckwalla and Fontana. However, upgrading the shocks made a HUGE difference in handling and control. I always felt that maybe I wasn't experienced enough as a rider to take advantage of better suspension especially after consulting with a suspension tuner and he asked me a barrage of questions that I clearly couldn't answer due to my lack of experience on what I should be feeling on the track. But then I upgraded the rear and it was a night and day improvement in both handling and comfort. Then I did the front and that too, suddenly improved my control and felt more predictable. Had I not upgraded, I probably would have thought the bike was ok as it was and I just needed more time to learn about my bike. I could never go back to stock.

BATS

Country flag
All- The shock is sold and has already been installed by the new owner. Thanks for the difference in opinions. Let's close this thread.

-BATS