Just adjusted the valves. Any questions?

MotoKam

At 15,684 miles I decided I had punished the KTM's mill long enough. I broke down and adjusted the valves. Of course, this required the acquisition of Harbor Freight's 1,000 # motorcycle lift that taunts us with that $299.99 coupon each month in the back of the MC mags. It's sweet!

It all went pretty well. Except, that in my distraction filled world, I forgot to check the clearance before putting the cover on the head (I hope my math was good!) The clearances were all at 0.07 - 0.08 mm to start and I set them all toward the loose side of their tolerances.

Over two days of puttering around and doing other stuff, I got it all done and it runs great.

I'm not very happy with the alignment of the intake cam sprocket. It seems to be half a tooth too far clockwise to line up with the head.

Anyhow, I thought you all might like to know it is possible for the average chump with a tool box like me to do this job. It wasn't really that hard.

Cheers :)

MotoKam

The bib I detached from the front, there are 2 clips it slips on, and the sides and folded it back out of the way.

There was no need to detach any of the fuel system or throttle body.

I used perceived airflow as a guide for reattaching it. I just wanted the flow from the radiator to go away from all the wiring and fuel tank.

Fasteddy

Country flag
It is a rubberized polymer heat shield that covers the top of the engine and deflects heat away from fuel tank / pump / filter etc.