KTM Race Contingency

fos373

For any of you interested / planning on racing your KTM. Here's the cash contingency:

http://www.ktmcash.com/2015events/

[h=3]Amateur National Road Racing[/h]
  • Michelin/WERA National Challenge Seriess $37,800
  • U.S. National Endurance Series presented by Lucas Oils $8,400

[h=3]Amateur Regional Road Racing[/h]
  • AFM Series $25,200
  • CCS Mid-West Roadracing Championship Series $25,200
  • CMRA Series $37,800
  • WERA Sportsman Series $35,700

Treachery

Country flag
That's pretty cool. Anybody up on what the Japanese companies are doing for contingency? Obviously bigger bikes; I doubt either Honda or Kawi are doing anything for the CBR250 or Ninjette.

Treachery

Country flag
Interesting: Yamaha lists the R3 for 2015, but for 2014, Honda dropped the CBR250. Compared to supersport, we're not talking big numbers of participants on those bikes anyway.

kalleh

Though it seems you have to race all rounds to be eligible - doubt I'll have a 390 ready for the first AFM round in Buttonwillow.

fos373

Kalleh

are you basing your comment on this:

"Must ride a KTM for the entire series to be eligible for series-end rewards"

Are you reading this as you have to race the whole season and place on the podium or end the season 1-3 to earn contingency? My experience says it's based on each race and the year end rewards is something different.

kalleh

Kalleh

are you basing your comment on this:

"Must ride a KTM for the entire series to be eligible for series-end rewards"

Are you reading this as you have to race the whole season and place on the podium or end the season 1-3 to earn contingency? My experience says it's based on each race and the year end rewards is something different.

You're right, I read that too fast - and looking at the past year it seems they have indeed paid out contingency for RC8 riders per event.