KTM RC390 R SSP300 Race Kit.

green_bread

Country flag
I do not believe the SSP300 kit is going to be available to retail customers. I thought they were only making a limited number of the kits and those are to be sold to kids who are racing in WSS300 / Junior Cup, etc.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I do not believe the SSP300 kit is going to be available to retail customers. I thought they were only making a limited number of the kits and those are to be sold to kids who are racing in WSS300 / Junior Cup, etc.

There are 50. You have to have/purchased a 2018 RC390R to be able to purchase the SSP kit. I looked into and have all the paperwork sitting here. There's not enough there to justify the price. You can buy better wheels and suspension. The new Akra system is all I wanted :D. Which will not be available for quite sometime if ever by itself. You can buy the Febur additional radiator. The harness is just a thinned up street harness and the ecu is non adjustable (just has the map for the new system in it). I don't see the value.

kayabusa

Country flag
There are 50. You have to have/purchased a 2018 RC390R to be able to purchase the SSP kit. I looked into and have all the paperwork sitting here. There's not enough there to justify the price. You can buy better wheels and suspension. The new Akra system is all I wanted :D. Which will not be available for quite sometime if ever by itself. You can buy the Febur additional radiator. The harness is just a thinned up street harness and the ecu is non adjustable (just has the map for the new system in it). I don't see the value.

Oh yeah, the new pipe.... I will pick that one too, but you will need the new lower fairings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

David.M

Country flag
I did ask Febur before , the additional radiator for SSP is different design .
on the Febur website additional radiator for Rc390 is SERIES with main radiator
but on the SSP picture , it looks like Parallel (I think it's the best design for 390 , less increase water pressure)
and the Febur says : SSP radiator is customized for the Team and sold only to the Team ....T_T

green_bread

Country flag

Excellent information, as always! Thanks Chad!

Andy

Country flag
Fits under front of fairing and around forks to channel air towards rad and air box.

Here's an example on a RC250R

ktm-front.jpg

Fits under front of fairing and around forks to channel air towards rad and air box.

Here's an example on a RC250R

View attachment 4659

Thanks Andy. I can see it now. No great benefit for the 390 apart from directing air to the radiator. But I suppose with the 390s overheating issues it may help.
I was hoping as Muckabucka said they may have changed the fuel tank to allow a Ram air tube that fits to the new airbox configuration thats incorporated in the seat/tank moulding.

Muckabucka

Country flag
I don't think the RC would benefit from ram effect air so much as it is really only maxing out around 100mph. It would be beneficial to provide cooler air to the Airbox though.

kayabusa

Country flag
Holy Molly that kit really works !!! did you guys saw the first junior cup round ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro