LED blinker bulbs

onethump

Has anyone replaced the stock bulbs? If so which did you use. Seems like LED bulbs would be a good match for the LED taillight.

Treachery

Country flag
Yeah, they would. I'll try to find the name of the supplier I found over on the FJR board. He comes pretty highly recommended. I'm snooping around trying to source a set of the LED indicators from the 1290 Adventure. Believe it or not, the dealer couldn't find a part number, even though a bike with them on it is on the cover of the PowerParts catalog.

onethump

Yeah, they would. I'll try to find the name of the supplier I found over on the FJR board. He comes pretty highly recommended. I'm snooping around trying to source a set of the LED indicators from the 1290 Adventure. Believe it or not, the dealer couldn't find a part number, even though a bike with them on it is on the cover of the PowerParts catalog.

While i haven't yet, I guess I could just pull out the bulbs and find a led replacement online, but I seem to have a nack of finding all the most cheaply made stuff so was wondering if anyone was luckier then me.

Wa2fst

Country flag
I can get the parts # for the euro spec 1290 super duke r led blinkers. A guy on another forum managed to track them down but they are expensive

Treachery

Country flag
I'd be interested in the part numbers, especially if you've got a source too.

I found the source that I am aware of for good LED bulb replacements. I haven't purchased from him yet (and I don't know the correct ones for the RC), but he comes highly recommended: Vizi-Tec.

Last edited:

reenmachine

Country flag
I got these from revzilla for my 1190 Adventure for $30/pair. They're not the brightest, but they work fine and they're a lot smaller:

Oxford LED Tips Turn Signal Indicators - RevZilla

zkUloGvl.jpg

ARaoJ4kl.jpg

onethump

i actually dont mind the size and like the brightness I just like the way LED's have the instant on and off like the tailight. Looks odd when the turn signals take a little bit to turn off when the brake light in instantaneous.

RC390 Fan

Mine came with resistors -- are you sure yours didn't?

I didn't need them though, so I'd be happy to send them to you.

No resistors in pkg but they were cheeeeep.

Thanks for the offer but I'll get some locally. Just googled it and found some on amzon but they seem overkill with their heat-sinks and what not. Might hit up radio shack.

Seems like 10-20 watts at 6 ohms should do it.

Last edited:

diegs

The non-US bikes use LED blinkers, right?

I'd really love for some enterprising soul to come out with a kit containing the mirror LED blinkers for the front, LED blinkers for the tail, and needed wiring and relays :)

Dygear

The non-US bikes use LED blinkers, right?

I'd really love for some enterprising soul to come out with a kit containing the mirror LED blinkers for the front, LED blinkers for the tail, and needed wiring and relays :)

These are the part numbers you want for the rear of the bike. It's the KTM (OEM) version of the blinker, but it's for the EU bikes. They come with the resistors in line so they are plug and play for the US bikes.

• 90514035100 - Flasher Rear L/S / Blinker HI. LI. (B-1-2-6-L) [Left Hand Side]
  • 90514036100 - Flasher Rear R/S / Blinker HI. RE. (B-1-2-6-L) [Right Hand Side]

I'll plug them in and let you know how they work out.

stevieboy

Country flag
Funny. I usually go the other direction. When I buy a bike with aftermarket low profile or integrated turn indicators I go back to stock for better visibility.