License plate mounting

Seth

Country flag
So I am sorta new to motorcycles and hope this isn't a lame question. My WA state license plate doesn't have the same centerlines as the holder. How do you guys mount your license plate?

A1VW2NV

Country flag
No lame questions here. We're all here to learn, whatever it may be. Unfortunately the stock plate mount DOES NOT fit our NA plates. There are several ways around this. Some redrill the plate, some drill new holes in the mount. Still others buy a tail tidy/fender eliminator. BTW, I'm here in Vancouver as well. If you need some assistance or guidance, PM me. I am happy to help..
Joe

Seth

Country flag
Thanks man! For now I am just going to zip tie it! I don't feel like drilling out the plate so maybe I will just wait until I get the tidy plate.

Fasteddy

Country flag
I pinched the bottom of the plate with two mounting bolts, then put zip ties on top two through top holes for safety. I then promptly ordered the MNNTHBX eliminator and LED plate bolts, it's way cool...

Treachery

Country flag
Well...I reckon it depends on the tidy. I have the R&G (purchased before our sponsor's item was available), and I had to spend probably 15 minutes opening up both mount holes to fit the tidy. I use pan head Phillips screws, so they have a big enough head to cover the larger hole. I may take the tag off and find a flat grinder to take about a sixteenth off to clear the tag light better.

Fasteddy

Country flag
In hind site I am glad the one from PP never showed up and the chips fell into place, It took a few minutes more of putzing around for the correct pins to wire the LED's up with out hacking anything, ATX power pins for a graphics card were an exact match BTW, All holes lined up perfectly, came with pan head allen bolts all for a very sanitary install...