Loose Dangling Left Rear Turn Signal

commandodave

When i was wheeling my KTM into the garage I noticed that my left rear turn signal was dangling by the wires. KTM mounted the turn signals on flexible stalks to prevent breakage in case of a minor get off. I must have hit the turn signal hard enough with my boot when I was dismounting to dislodge the light assembly from the stalk. I tried to push it back on, but something did not look right when compared to the other side. There was a slight gap between the stalk and the light, where the other side had none. Sure enough, it continued to come loose until I fixed it in place with some electrical tape. I finally found some time this week to run it by my dealer. The service manager went on a KTM service site and found that this was happening to a lot of other owners. Now I don't feel so stupid when other people have the same issue!

Anyway, there is a "trick" to reattaching the light to the stalk. One can not just press it into place (as I had tried). It is a press it into the stalk and rotate it into position. I can't tell you how many degrees off and in what direction the light must be in order for it to be snapped (ROTATED) into the home position. If i was stupid enough to do it once, I will most likely do it again. Then I can come back and tell you exactly what to do to snap it into place.

simpletty

Country flag
When i was wheeling my KTM into the garage I noticed that my left rear turn signal was dangling by the wires. KTM mounted the turn signals on flexible stalks to prevent breakage in case of a minor get off. I must have hit the turn signal hard enough with my boot when I was dismounting to dislodge the light assembly from the stalk. I tried to push it back on, but something did not look right when compared to the other side. There was a slight gap between the stalk and the light, where the other side had none. Sure enough, it continued to come loose until I fixed it in place with some electrical tape. I finally found some time this week to run it by my dealer. The service manager went on a KTM service site and found that this was happening to a lot of other owners. Now I don't feel so stupid when other people have the same issue!

Anyway, there is a "trick" to reattaching the light to the stalk. One can not just press it into place (as I had tried). It is a press it into the stalk and rotate it into position. I can't tell you how many degrees off and in what direction the light must be in order for it to be snapped (ROTATED) into the home position. If i was stupid enough to do it once, I will most likely do it again. Then I can come back and tell you exactly what to do to snap it into place.

take the lens cover off of the signal light. install the rubber piece back into the signal light,fully. If you notice, the piece holding the signal bulb will have a slot to hold the rubber stalk in place correctly. Just slide it into the rubber stalk. Mine was also like that, tried to force it in, no good. Finally took the lens cover off and discovered the proper assembly