LOW OIL PRESSURE !!!!! Urgent

Mlal

Hello all,
From India.

With great difficulties i own an RC 390 and its been a year since i have bought it and till today i have the love on riding it and have done 30000kms only through the city traffic and one long ride of 2400kms ( Chennai to Pune ). now arises the problem of low oil pressure and the coolant draining drastically. took to the service center changed the head gasket, changed the oil filter and water pump seals and the impeller . took out from service yesterday. and again it shows low oil pressure but now the coolant is not draining and its stable. Please give me some suggestions on this as i am breaking my head on this issue for 2 weeks for now .......!!!!!!!!

simpletty

Country flag
Hello all,
From India.

With great difficulties i own an RC 390 and its been a year since i have bought it and till today i have the love on riding it and have done 30000kms only through the city traffic and one long ride of 2400kms ( Chennai to Pune ). now arises the problem of low oil pressure and the coolant draining drastically. took to the service center changed the head gasket, changed the oil filter and water pump seals and the impeller . took out from service yesterday. and again it shows low oil pressure but now the coolant is not draining and its stable. Please give me some suggestions on this as i am breaking my head on this issue for 2 weeks for now .......!!!!!!!!

Coolant mixed with the oil during the last failure probably has caused the crankshaft bearing to wear out and now you have no oil pressure.

Mlal

so can we continue riding with it will it make more damage ?? because it seems so annoying when i see low oil pressure on Dash !!!!!!

TennisFreak

Jeeeezeee almighty, I am seeing just way too many threads, posts, and articles everywhere about the absolute sh!t build quality and volume of problems with this bike!!!!

I had planned on tracking it after break in but I have ZERO confidence in it now.

I think its time to dump this POS before something bad happens.

simpletty

Country flag
Jeeeezeee almighty, I am seeing just way too many threads, posts, and articles everywhere about the absolute sh!t build quality and volume of problems with this bike!!!!

I had planned on tracking it after break in but I have ZERO confidence in it now.

I purchased 4 years of extra warranty for my peice of mind. Seems like the head gasket failure is the most common issue. Obviously the cooling system is not designed well enough, fan and cooling capacity/water pumps ability to circulate coolant. All this combined is causing that failure. I was told to not hold the clutch in at stop lights by ktm dealer. He said the temp skyrockets if you do. Seems to be a poor design. I'll keep ridng it as hard as possible until it lets go.

TennisFreak

I purchased 4 years of extra warranty for my peice of mind. Seems like the head gasket failure is the most common issue. Obviously the cooling system is not designed well enough, fan and cooling capacity/water pumps ability to circulate coolant. All this combined is causing that failure. I was told to not hold the clutch in at stop lights by ktm dealer. He said the temp skyrockets if you do. Seems to be a poor design. I'll keep ridng it as hard as possible until it lets go.

In regards to the clutch.

Does your clutch disengage with just the slightest of lever movement? It seems like the clutch is awfully quick to disengage from the lever movement, especially compared to the other bikes I have owned/still own.
My clutch disengages withing maybe 1-2 cm of pulling in the lever.

OldVet

so can we continue riding with it will it make more damage ?? because it seems so annoying when i see low oil pressure on Dash !!!!!!

If it was mine I would not ride... Take it back to the dealer and get it checked out...

Diploman

Remember, Tennis Freak, this is a vehicle-specific forum, where a large percentage of the posts are from owners who have problems of some sort with their vehicle - in this case the RC. From reading a forum such as this you get an very exaggerated and unrealistic picture of the bike's reliability, because the forum is a collection point/concentration of problem narratives. To keep some perspective it is important to realize that for every owner who posts a problem here there are dozens -maybe hundreds - of others who are out riding happily and have no time, need or inclination to post about problems. Yes, the 390 does have problems - just as every other bike does. But its reliability overall - taking the entire fleet of bikes on the road -is really much better than one would believe from reading this ( or any other bike-specific) forum. No reason to panic.

cornerslider

Remember, Tennis Freak, this is a vehicle-specific forum, where a large percentage of the posts are from owners who have problems of some sort with their vehicle - in this case the RC. From reading a forum such as this you get an very exaggerated and unrealistic picture of the bike's reliability, because the forum is a collection point/concentration of problem narratives. To keep some perspective it is important to realize that for every owner who posts a problem here there are dozens -maybe hundreds - of others who are out riding happily and have no time, need or inclination to post about problems. Yes, the 390 does have problems - just as every other bike does. But its reliability overall - taking the entire fleet of bikes on the road -is really much better than one would believe from reading this ( or any other bike-specific) forum. No reason to panic.

+1 to Diploman. - I almost didn't buy my RC because of all the negative posts on here...... I'm glad I ignored them and bought my RC. I do about 50/50 track/street, and could not be happier with my choice-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevieboy

Country flag

Uh, that's a no-no on this forum.

stevieboy

Country flag

I read the forums for the good AND the bad. The good are encouraging the bad could end up costing me money.