More overheating

cazh

I hate this bike! Same issue happening to me. Ever since I bought it 08/2015 I haven't been able to ride it more than 6 months without issues. Absolutely worst bike ever from KTM! Waiting on the SPAL fan to replace the cheap fan it comes with. Dealer wanted to charge 4 hours of labor!! I will do the swap myself following DIPLOMANS' STEP BY STEP GUIDE. @KTM NORTH AMERICA you suck, will never buy KTM street bike again.

cazh

I have the same problem. Spal coming in tomorrow, ive been driving and over heating the bike for the past 3 days. It has shut off 3 times on me and it turns on when it cools down.

But now it doesnt want to start please help!

cazh

I have the same problem. Spal coming in tomorrow, ive been driving and over heating the bike for the past 3 days. It has shut off 3 times on me and it turns on when it cools down.

But now it doesnt want to start please help!

Wa2fst

Country flag
So im finally getting around. Looked at the waterpump the nut seemed on and tight. Not sure how far backed off others were? I did put a wrench to it and was able to put barely a qtr turn on it..cant imagine that was enough to cause an over heat problem? Everything seemed seated. Im going to put the lock nut on anyways and drain oil..see if anything is in the oil now.

well oil looks just fine. Guess its heading to chad to get a good once over

Last edited:

nhenneman

I think some guys who track their bikes do the thermo delete. Not sure what their experience has been exactly, but it's definitely been done.