MotoGP 2015

ToraTora

Country flag
Seems like a few people on here might like to chat about MotoGP.

How about the new Suzuki bike in the qualifiers today? Pretty amazing performance setting the new lap record and taking positions one and two. The new engine they received for this race revs an additional 500 rpm. Pol, and Maverick did some fantastic riding today.

Lorenzo with regards to the soft tire was a little butt hurt. :rolleyes: He was really surprised by how fast the Suzukis are coming out of the corners with the new engine.

Marc is saying that his bike is back to normal. I suppose that that new pipe is making him happy, but he was disappointed to not make it to the first row.

Ducati had some mechanical issues, and Valentino qualified seventh putting him on the third row.

With four teams making such a high level of achievement I expect a great race tomorrow. It's been a really long time since there have been than many people able to find for the podium.

Zarco also did some great qualifying in Moto2, taking pole with a super hot lap. He's excited that so many French fans will be out to cheer him on.

My Retro Career

Well, MM really blew his title chances with his do or die attitude yesterday.

On one hand, it makes small sense that he has to take some chances in order to win.
But what he did yesterday was real recklessness; completely misjudged his braking point on a bike that he had consistently complained about the rear for so many previous races, you'd think he would have ridden within the limits of what he's had to work with.

I wonder how Nakamoto-san & Livio thinks of his reckless charge. Surely finishing the race and gathering precious full race data for future development is more important than an all out win..

I'm just glad MM didn't wipe out JLo !

reenmachine

Country flag
It's just like we see in F1 over and over again...there are those who can take advantage of a superior machine to show their extreme talent (which there's no debate MM has), and then there are those who can drive/ride around deficiencies in the machine to win regardless. It takes talent on a different plane to excel on an inferior machine.

To be fair, it often comes with experience. MM 2018 or so may be a true all-weather force to be reckoned with.

ToraTora

Country flag
It's a long season--and it looks like it's going to be a good one.

Yeah that was a close call. Lorenzo didn't even know who almost took him out. :eek:

But I wouldn't count Marc out yet. Remember twice he won the 125 class from the back of the grid. He did it once in Moto2, and that wacky GP race where more than half of the pack had to start off the grid (including Marc) he won. It is likely that he'll be that way in the championship too. The guy is an amazing rider, and the season is really long. We aren't even a third of the way through. If Lorenzo/Vali get hurt it would be so easy for Marc to pass them by. When asked about it in the post/pre race interviews both Lorenzo and Vali state that Marc is still a threat, and he could easily recover. Look how quickly Lorenzo got back in the game. It is nice to see Yamaha doing well again. ;)

What was really interesting to me was to hear Lorenzo after the race. He made it look so easy yet he stated this was the hardest race of the season. When he saw Vali jump 6/10ths in one lap he knew that he had to push beyond what he felt was safe. That's how he was able to keep just about a second a head of Vali for the rest of the race. Evidenced by how so many riders crashed out, the track was slippery, and was a huge concern for Lorenzo.

Maverick put on quite a bit of a show too. There was no way he was going to be able to catch up to Danny, but he had quite a bit of fun on his way to the finish. :D

I still have to watch Moto2 to see how Zarko did yesterday. =8<>