Motorex formula 4t vs Motul 300v

DukeMaster

Hi,
I have recently changed from motorex to motul and I have noticed that bike started consuming the oil. In the last 2000km i had to put 300ml of oil. Has anybody else noticed it?

john13

Country flag
I use motul as well and I haven't had any issues. I'll check today and see what my level is at but it was okay last time I checked it. When you changed your oil did you run the bike for a while to let the filter fill up with oil? If not, it could be you just didn't put enough in at the get go

DukeMaster

Yea, I have checked it and in the last 2000km I have added oil 3 times. Each time about 100ml. I have also read somewhere on the internet that ktm 390s consume motul 300v 15w50 a bit. Its not an issue for me since I check my oil very often but I was wondering how many people noticed this.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
As John13 mentioned, this may just be in relation to when/how you are checking your oil level. On the 390 the oil level has to be checked with the bike fully warmed up. Many a rider has over filled accidentally because of this. Unlike other bikes with this sort of thing, where some of them have dual sight glasses for cold level and hot level, KTM has continued to do something wacky. {shrug} I can't see any reason why 300v would be any different from any other synthetic oil. Either your rings are working, or they aren't.