Narrow rearview mirrors

Louatlvc

Greetings,
The rear view mirrors are far to narrow on my RC putting my shoulders square in the middle of view. I'm planning to fabricate some type of spacers to widen the view but first wanted to see if anybody has done this and if so, wha you used? Thanks much. Lou

ryandalling

CRG lane splitters are the only way to go... I have not been able to use sport bike mirrors in years... wide shoulders and narrow mirrors on all bikes...

Louatlvc

Just looked them up on line. They seem very nice. Do you use one or two? Also, did you remove the bar end weights? Thanks much! Lou

Seth

Country flag
Has anyone tried blind spot mirrors? I saw some guy on Youtube that had 2 small rectangles on the left mirror and one on the right.

Luis1

I have them on my mirrors right now, the oval ones. Just make sure you get the blind spot mirrors if they are round that can be adjusted not the stationary ones.

Arahant

Country flag
Skully is another option. If/when it is finally available.
http://www.skully.com/#smartest-helmet

Thanks for the heads up on this helmet, wow is looks amazing.. I had thought about something like this a long time ago, I"m sure alot of people have, I wasnt even a biker then...but it seems like sort of an obvious thing to do, atleast in a simple form.. having a helmet with an lcd/heads up display inside... and a camera facing backwords... this not only achieves that well, but adds a ton of other functions to.. if they are able to properly execute this, its exactly as alot of the people interviewed said.. revolutionary. I will absolutely get one when it comes out... I take it though that its been known about for awhile and yet to come out... not sure how long the option to pre-order has been there, if not long then hopefully thats a good sign.. although from experience sometimes that can be there for a long time before something actually launches.

Pretty sweet.

As to OP's original post, I think what alot of people are doing is putting mirrors on the end's of their handlebars, probably easier to get it in different lengths and fitments.. some people don't like the look of the mirrors/turn lights, I personally think they look good and wouldn't want to remove them, but I can't see behind me either and I"m a small guy, 5"5, and my shoulders arn't very big although abit bigger then normal for my size. I have to turn my head and lean it out abit when driving to see behind me, which is abit annoying.. so I would be interested in finding a better solution to, not sure how I feel about mirrors on the ends of my bars but, we'll see.

I imagine there will eventually be extended mirrors like the ones that are stock, but longer... or a kit to extend them... most of the mirrors on the ends of handlebars things are universal mirrors people are just making work. The rc 390 is still only just being sold in america, and plenty of places still arn't selling them.. so the more and more of these out there, the more demand for specialty items like that... I honestly cant imagine anyone not finding them short unless your really small. I'm smallish and they are to short for me.