Need Advice on Hand Painting Fairings

thezidane

I wanted to paint my Formula390 fairings during the off-season and am looking for any advice/recommendations regarding paint or clear coat. I would like to hand paint a fun design across several pieces of fairings. I was planning to sand down the fairings, layer of primer, and then create a design with acrylic paint followed by a clear coat to protect. I've done a lot of painting/art on canvas/paper but never on big plastic fairings. If anyone has any advice as to what type of paint I might want to look at or which clear coat might work best I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I started to paint also my RC.
No Plasti Dip as I want more than 1 color on side panels.
About TYGA parts, no problem, but I'm afraid of the original plastic side panels.
Removing the sticker should not be an issue, but then I'm wondering what kind of primer should be used on such material. Any feedback welcome.
Thanks

simpletty

Country flag
IM GETTING mine wrapped not painted. I think its a much better option because its easy to repair and or change when you want a new look

nhenneman

getting something wrapped refers to a vinyl wrap. I'm not super familiar with either but I think most often plastidip is a spray on type deal, and vinyl wrapping is well.. pretty much exactly what it sounds like

MrGrody

getting something wrapped refers to a vinyl wrap. I'm not super familiar with either but I think most often plastidip is a spray on type deal, and vinyl wrapping is well.. pretty much exactly what it sounds like
Vinyl wrap = giant sticker wrapped in car basically. Can be any color design picture etc. It's applied by "wrapping" it onto a car.

Plasti Dip = sprayable plastic coating. Most commonly used in rattle cans. Applies similar to spray paint however is removable anytime by pulling off in one piece like vinyl wrap. Does but damage original surface.

I've had a motorcycle wrapped. An I dipped my current rc390

Here is my rc390 dipped including rear seat
93f66642e748323ec456a91464a1e699.jpg

Here is my grom I had wrapped

21ff50669b47814d9ce8bcb065f1e873.jpg

unicorn_violence

i plan on doing spray paint for a black base, and then having decals wrapped on the bike. it will make that wrap job significantly cheaper.