New tire(s), heavy rider

eirik95

Since this is my first bike, hence first ever set of tires; I am a little unsure when to change. And most importantly, to what. Driven 9k km now, three times at the track, and some hard riding on the street. (Pictures of tires below). Im thinking the rear tire needs to be changed soon, can I change just the rear alone?

Second concern: Scraping footpegs after first time on the track, but I still get "big" chickenstrips on the rear? I feel like I am way too heavy for the bike (90kg without gear) and the rear just cant keep up. Never the less I am having a blast on it. The rear shock is now on the stiffest setting I manage to pull it in, have lowered the tripleclamp a bit into the forks, and I have bought ebay rearsets. But I havent gone to the track with this setup yet.
Should I change to a 140/70 rear?

Been looking at the Bridgestone RS10, and the supercorsa's. But the Pirelli's are a bit overkill for me I feel, and way too expensive. Any inputs?

Cheers

20170817_170253.jpg20170817_170210.jpg20170817_170232.jpg

isaac_

It appears from the first picture that you are at the wear bar on the center of the tire but not on the edge of the tire. Regardless, I would change the tire.

I ride exclusively Pirelli and can't say enough great things about them. That said, buy what fits your riding style and budget.

I wouldn't worry about chicken stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN Duke

Country flag
Rear is ready to be swapped out. I've got about half your kms and close to tread wear indicators on OE M5 in rear. I will keep Metzeler for this replacement and go to M7RR. I'll then plan to replace both F&R together next time, looking at other brands for options then, probably Bridgestone.

The rearsets will definitely help. My Duke 390 is lowered and I'm able to use more of the tire without scraping pegs (had to swap out crash bars for higher mount versions though as those did scrape).