New Yoshimura Exhaust coming!!!

kings4thecup

no gains for this exhaust system...in fact added weight and its $600.00 I will hold back on this one...from what I gathered when I spoke with them they only had one left.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
no gains for this exhaust system...in fact added weight and its $600.00 I will hold back on this one...from what I gathered when I spoke with them they only had one left.

No Gains???! For a system of THAT length???! OK. If Yosh didn't manage to pull off gains and I "only" managed to lose 0.5HP with my (failed) exhaust design... I'm not gonna feel too terrible about having burned that R&D money any more. I do have to say, that's pretty damned depressing tho. One would think they would have at least managed to have matched the Akropovic systems performance (+1HP over tuned stock).

psych0hans

Country flag
I'm glad for this, I can feel better for myself not being able to afford it right now... Hahaha! Stock exhaust and tuning it is for now.. And an air filter change...

psych0hans

Country flag
No wonder they won't publish their gains, they rather we call and get swayed by their marketing team :p... Ahh well, at least it looks cool :D

RobbiRob76

It sounds to me as they were being honest about the exhaust capabilities, and offered people on the forum first shot at purchasing for honest feedback. What's up with all the hostility? I work in this industry, and will be purchasing one soon. Why thrash a company who is offering a product, and being honest? I do not in any way work for Yosh, but they are good guys. My 2 cents. Flame away on me for defending them if you like.
Robbi

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
It sounds to me as they were being honest about the exhaust capabilities, and offered people on the forum first shot at purchasing for honest feedback. What's up with all the hostility? I work in this industry, and will be purchasing one soon. Why thrash a company who is offering a product, and being honest? I do not in any way work for Yosh, but they are good guys. My 2 cents. Flame away on me for defending them if you like.
Robbi
Woah. I don't think there is/was any INTENDED hostility on anyone's part. Possibly part of the missing bit of info there is the whole backstory on the exhaust development work previously done. Also, the forum has a bit of a "show us your dyno results" approach to factual data... This isn't gixxer.com. Extraordinary claims HAVE to be backed up here, and not providing hard data to be analyzed in an open atmosphere distills us down to hard facts. There are MANY caveats to dyno results, and most of us understand without baseline comparison data a graph is useless. Ideally we'd like to see the hard data of baseline vs modifications, with full detail on what mods were done so as to reproduce them. Basically, something akin to a standard scientific peer review process.

So... what that means is that redirecting folks to the sales office, when asked for performance data, is going to not be very well received. That said, I saw PLENTY of :) and :D bits in the responses.

Also, flaming isn't tolerated here. :)

psych0hans

Country flag
Robbi

Sorry, I might have missed the part where everyone was dissing yosh, but clearly you caught it somewhere here :p What I see is an expression of disappointment that even such an advanced company like Yoshimura couldn't eek out better results from this bike. Also the fact that they are deliberately refraining from providing us with hard data about their product is another disappointment. If you call that flaming, then Flame On :D

Wa2fst

Country flag
Dont get me wrong i want this exhaust..but if its true that the bike gained weight with no performance..dang thar sux for $600 .

RobbiRob76

Apparently, I am over sensitive... I just think when a company offers it here first looking for honest feedback and valuing opinion, I didn't see the replies being sent back in that context. I assure you their "marketing department is not going to try and talk someone into buying. I was offered this exhaust 2 weeks ago, but passed so that someone here or elsewhere could have it. I am going to be traveling, and it will be at least a month before i will have time to install. So i passed. These guys are all good guys trying to bring a product to market. Again, I will buy this exhaust before the end of the year, when i have time to mount it and fab a license plate bracket. I'm not worried about the weight, nor the horsepower improvements. For me this is a daily weekend playbike, I'm not racing this bike.
Sorry if i misread the earlier comments.
Robbi

big_sur

Well I mean this exhaust is just kind of contrary to the point of the bike. It's a sport bike and you're decreasing the sport part by adding weight without adding power so I think you'll find a lot of the more performance-oriented folks will think it's pretty silly to pay money to do that. I mean even the cheapy ebay exhausts are at least decreasing weight. Putting two heavy pipes on a single for no hp gain is kind of along the same lines of the Harley guys that cruise around the bars making a bunch obnoxious noise to attract attention to themselves. Maybe Yosh is transitioning from a performance brand to a "lifestyle" brand? :p

KTMGene390

I think it is great that Yoshimura is taking thier time and effort to develop an exhaust system for the RC 390. :) That being said I too will need to see the proof of any performance claims. Yoshimura is certainly a capable company and if they cannot match or beat the Akrapovic design then Akra beat them to the finish line. :p However, I do think they are on to something as this system is being perceived very well at least in the Instagram community as this bike is primarily being purchased and ridden by younger riders. Depending on the price I think they will sell quite a few of them based on the looks and sound alone. I sympathize with Yosh as it's getting harder to build a good exhaust system on bikes these days but will pass on this one.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I think it is great that Yoshimura is taking thier time and effort to develop an exhaust system for the RC 390. :) That being said I too will need to see the proof of any performance claims. Yoshimura is certainly a capable company and if they cannot match or beat the Akrapovic design then Akra beat them to the finish line. :p However, I do think they are on to something as this system is being perceived very well at least in the Instagram community as this bike is primarily being purchased and ridden by younger riders. Depending on the price I think they will sell quite a few of them based on the looks and sound alone. I sympathize with Yosh as it's getting harder to build a good exhaust system on bikes these days but will pass on this one.

I'm not sure where you are getting or think that the "bike is primarily being purchased and ridden by younger riders" as that's not been what has been the case based on the riders age survey here on the forum, or the reports of who's buying the bikes in the dealerships. The kids are buying the other 300's which are cheaper and more readily available. The RC seems to be predominatly owned by oldfag greybeards (some exception of course) that are typically multiple bike owners, have ridden a LONG time already, and appear to be in their late 30's to 60's. The Duke is mostly the kids or first time riders, but certainly not the RC.

RobbiRob76

"The RC seems to be predominatly owned by oldfag greybeards..." I'm 51 but leave me out of this particular demographic!

KTMGene390

I'm not sure where you are getting or think that the "bike is primarily being purchased and ridden by younger riders" as that's not been what has been the case based on the riders age survey here on the forum, or the reports of who's buying the bikes in the dealerships. The kids are buying the other 300's which are cheaper and more readily available. The RC seems to be predominatly owned by oldfag greybeards (some exception of course) that are typically multiple bike owners, have ridden a LONG time already, and appear to be in their late 30's to 60's. The Duke is mostly the kids or first time riders, but certainly not the RC.

I was going by my experience being here in Socal, plus lots of new young riders constantly ask me questions about my bike on IG. Many have reported back to me later saying they bought the bike and thanks. Now that the bike is somewhat more available here as well I'm seeing more young as well as older riders too. I too have noticed that on this forum most are older and wise. I just turned 36 so not old or young. :p I think Yosh built this pipe primarily as marketing while honestly trying to extract more performance. Just my observations and opinion of course and don't mind being wrong if I learn something new. :)

psych0hans

Country flag
Is actually quiet the opposite in india, as it's the cheapest performance bike currently available, with actual performance. I won't count the CBR250R being sold here, as it's a bit tame in comparison and the Ninja 300 costs 50% more, at least. The GT250 comet too is at least 50% more expensive than the 390. This is thanks to the fact that it's manufactured here, rather than being imported or just assembled here.

killer b6393

Is actually quiet the opposite in india, as it's the cheapest performance bike currently available, with actual performance. I won't count the CBR250R being sold here, as it's a bit tame in comparison and the Ninja 300 costs 50% more, at least. The GT250 comet too is at least 50% more expensive than the 390. This is thanks to the fact that it's manufactured here, rather than being imported or just assembled here.

WOW quite the opposite here in the US. The KTM is the most expensive from what i have seen in the 300cc category.

If I was using my RC390 on the street, I would buy this exhaust becasue it is sexy looking. I would not give a crap about a few extra pounds or power differences. I would even be willing to give up on ever having a passenger (the Yosh exhaust looks to eliminate the passenger pegs). Call me superficial :rolleyes: but the look of the system is great. parillaguy