New Yoshimura Exhaust coming!!!

Doctor Chocolate

So Yosh is finally finished with my bike! Below is a pic of the bike with the stock tail section. I'll be posting videos about my build on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/bigwl3 in case you guys are interested in how the exhausts sounds and performs on the race track. I've also got a brand new ohlins rear shock on the way so I guess we'll find out whether or not the exhaust fits with the aftermarket shock.12141733_10153696638583832_503821780028657306_n.jpg

RobbiRob76

I don't think you're over sensitive, I think you're either working for Yoshimura or definitely should be... And if you aren't, what the hell are they waiting for? They need to hire you ASAP

:p just kidding...
Nope... I work for RK Excel. RK Racing Chain & Excel Rims. We do sponsor Yoshimura Suzuki, Pro Circuit Kawasaki, and Repsol Honda in MotoGP, as well as many other teams. I am Sales Manager for North America I am writing this while riding the shuttle at DFW airport trying to catch my next flight to Orlando for the AIME (Anerican International Motorcycle Expo) if any of you are going to attend, stop by and say hello!!!! The dudes at Yosh are stand up dudes! Maybe I'm a little too close to the situation to not be protective/ sensitive! :) (Please forgive any typos, I was moving the whole time this was written!

Wa2fst

Country flag
Looking at the pic of DR chocolates bike who yosh said didnt have his bike is comical because its the exact same lift and room that they posted on FB fitting a cup bike with their exhaust..so there i would have to assume some one was telling the truth and someone else was trying to keep things hushed... Eh? i been wrong before

Doctor Chocolate

Looking at the pic of DR chocolates bike who yosh said didnt have his bike is comical because its the exact same lift and room that they posted on FB fitting a cup bike with their exhaust..so there i would have to assume some one was telling the truth and someone else was trying to keep things hushed... Eh? i been wrong before

Lol, I believe I was being politely told to shut the hell up.

psych0hans

Country flag
Lol, I believe I was being politely told to shut the hell up.

I don't think that was his intent, but I've been wrong before. From what I can see, he was just highlighting the fact that even tho yoshimura said they didn't have your bike, it clearly looks from your picture that the bike was there. Again, this is just what I think he said and nothing more... Peace :)

Wa2fst

Country flag
i was only giving him a little banter and the same back. the shut up part wasnt literal.

get on with the sounds clip and walk around!!!

Doctor Chocolate

i was only giving him a little banter and the same back. the shut up part wasnt literal.

get on with the sounds clip and walk around!!!

That pic is from my mechanics (MotoShop). They're the ones who hooked up the Yosh deal. It's still at their shop. They're gonna strip it down and hopefully get it under 300lbs. I'll be out of town next week but I should be able to pick it up Halloween weekend then I'll post some new vids. I'm in the process of getting my race bodywork painted too so I'll have some cool updates! And I've got an Ohlins rear shock coming in around the end of November/early December so I'll keep you guys posted!

psych0hans

Country flag
That pic is from my mechanics (MotoShop). They're the ones who hooked up the Yosh deal. It's still at their shop. They're gonna strip it down and hopefully get it under 300lbs. I'll be out of town next week but I should be able to pick it up Halloween weekend then I'll post some new vids. I'm in the process of getting my race bodywork painted too so I'll have some cool updates! And I've got an Ohlins rear shock coming in around the end of November/early December so I'll keep you guys posted!

Two questions please.
1) is the exhaust actually heavier than stock?
2) if it is, why would you get it if you're trying to reduce weight on your bike?

aj@x

I wouldn't want the weight up that high on such a light bike, probably doesn't matter to most but the whole idea of making modifications is to provide improvement.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I wouldn't want the weight up that high on such a light bike, probably doesn't matter to most but the whole idea of making modifications is to provide improvement.
You know some like the looks of something, and regardless of performance impact, they just have to have it. What might be a worthwhile expense to some, is ridiculous to another. Some will spend hundreds (or more) to drop a few pounds of their bike, while others just skip a second helping at dinner.

It takes all kinds... I wouldn't consider it simply for the performance aspect. I'm shocked they couldn't improve performance, but maybe it'll still rev out more than the stock exhaust can manage so while power doesn't improve, getting the longer drive between shifts might be the net gain. Cutting open the stock exhaust, gutting the cat, and removing the packing likely would result in the same improvement... Plus it wouldn't put as much heat into the rear shock. Those cats put out a LOT of heat after all... So even just getting the exhaust away from the shock might be what folks like the idea of, but without the tree trunk of the can on the side like from the Akro.

Doctor Chocolate

Two questions please.
1) is the exhaust actually heavier than stock?
2) if it is, why would you get it if you're trying to reduce weight on your bike?

Well I'm under the impression that the Yosh exhaust weighs less than the stock version (I may be wrong). I also know that all of the moto3 bikes in Motogp are small bore singles and they all run dual exhausts so I'm assuming there's a good reason for that. I won't know much about how the bike handles until I pick it up in a couple weeks and until I get it onto the race track but again the honda Moto3 bikes all run dual under tail exhausts and are built to be as light as possible so I don't think having the weight up high like that will really effect the handling negatively. But once again I won't know until I get out onto the track. I also got a pretty awesome deal on a brand new exhaust from a top exhaust company since I let them use my bike to develop their product. As for gains I haven't heard anything official yet about whether or not they were able to make any but as soon as I find out I'll let you guys know.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
As for gains I haven't heard anything official yet about whether or not they were able to make any but as soon as I find out I'll let you guys know.

If you do dyno, PLEASE also include a baseline with the stock exhaust, prior to fitting the yosh exhaust. Back to back runs, on the same dyno, same bike, same weather conditions, same same same with only changing the exhaust (and remap) is the only really acceptable way of showing, and proving, impact of the change. A dyno run without a baseline is pretty much nothing more than a squiggly colored line on a grid, without any real meaning.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

UMZenki

Yosh sales is claiming stock exhaust weighs 11.7lbs. Their system weights 10.2lbs and nets a 1.5hp increase. I do not have a dyno.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Yosh sales is claiming stock exhaust weighs 11.7lbs. Their system weights 10.2lbs and nets a 1.5hp increase. I do not have a dyno.

1.5HP. BS. The Akrapovic exhaust nets 1HP gain. The bigger advantage with the Akrapovic is that it's more free flowing, so the bike can rev out higher. The Yosh system likely also benefits from the same free flowing exhaust (too much and you'll lose power) but to get 1.5HP from a slip-on on a bike that's making 39HP to start... that's a 6%+ power gain.

No. ******. Way.

Claims are just that. A claim. With the same credentials as unicorns and gold at the end of rainbows.

Put up the dyno, with baseline of a stock exhaust vs the yosh pipe, with no other mods other than fuel tune for fuel air ratio fixes, and THEN we can evaluate... but to claim 1.5HP, with no supporting dyno chart as backup, is utter and complete nonsense. As we've seen from MANY dyno runs the big gains are from the airbox modification and PCv tuning. With those same modifications on a cup bike with an Akrapovic exhaust, and a street bike with the same mods and a stock exhaust, netted a difference of 1HP. These were not on the same bike, and not on the same day... and while on the same dyno it wasn't COMPLETELY comparable because the differences in the bikes (oil level, valve adjustment, temperature and humidity, fuel, etc etc etc) could explain part of those differences as well... but it's REASONABLE to assume it's likely pretty close to that.

Yo, Chad / CJWell, care to chime in here on your thoughts on a 1.5HP gain from this system? :)

Wa2fst

Country flag
Arrow site claims 1.5hp gain for all their pipes so worst case its 1 hp. And 1.5 lbs isnt to bad. Not sure what the arrows are dropping i assume more but not a lot more.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Even tho your probably right. Your letting your engineering mind take over a simple thread. Even if they gained 5 hp with all the data we alllllllll know dynos arent built the same. And that would most likely be your next arguement/case study. I know this because every forum for every motorcycle goes the same way.

how about a simple comment as intereting? Most here see an improvement. Maybe you can buy up the 2nd avail and capitilize/reverse engineer on it? After all you are a sponsor making, building wants and rathers for us.

ShinySideUp

Young rider reporting in here. I think the exhaust looks great. I would get it even knowing i might lose one or two horse power. I'm not looking to race the bike. I do get into spirited canyon riding and do plan on tracking the thing but I'm not racing anyone. Only problem is I can't get rid of the pillion pegs cause this is my only mode of transportation and can't not give ladies rides haha ;).