Number Plates on stock rear seat

Csorin

Hey guys,

I'm hoping to put some number plates on the stock rear seat but am a bit concerned with the material. Do vinyl stickers actually stick to the seat material? It looks like Ari over at motorcyclist.com was able to make their number plates stick:

trophy_caption.jpg

Thanks guys for any suggestions. Also, if someone has a vinyl dealer they could recommend, I'm all ears. Need yellow plates with black numbers.

tecknojoe

Country flag
I was able to stick the factory effex blank number plate to it just fine. The factory effex one has really thick sticky glue.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Thanks guys for any suggestions. Also, if someone has a vinyl dealer they could recommend, I'm all ears. Need yellow plates with black numbers.

Anything Ari Henning does on a RC390 should be discarded as that fucker is a mutant. Pay no attention to the Formula390 sticker on the bike... nothing to see here... move along... move along. :)

In all seriousness, most number plate backgrounds should most LIKELY stick to the seat. Some of the guys have been adding plate backs to the passenger footpeg bolt locations tho.
plate.jpg

It's not snazzy, but works.

If the bike is going to be a racebike more or less full time, you may want to consider running a race tail. It's much lighter, and there will be no problems at all with numbers sticking to either the fiberglass or the carbon fiber part. From what I've seen, the passenger seat doesn't take too kindly to hitting the pavement, and you might want to hold onto it in case you decide to put it back on the street or sell it in the future. I've also got the newly released tyga tail passenger seat replacement in either fiberglass for $100 (tho it's just sold out and on backorder for the next ~2 weeks) as well as the carbon fiber for $200 (some left in stock) in addition to the regular GP tail... also in fiberglass for $133) or carbon fiber for $270.
Formula390 - Parts

That GP tail in carbon fiber is one of the most dead sexy pieces of carbon I've ever seen on a bike... it's purely and simply nothing short of XXX Rated Bike Pr0n!!! :)
BPCT-7131.jpg

Csorin

Schweet. Thanks for the thorough reply and talking me through my other questions on the tyga hardware. Much appreciated!