OBD2 Connector

Vignesh

Diego

Some screenshots of what i got.

b68444cc5f5400c032e56612cb434274.jpg

fdec9df1fe65fde3616c7e9b34061582.jpg

Commands are the PIDs and response is the value the ecu send back. Find out that the 4 first numbers are not the values, dont know what they means, but the 5-6 numbers or letters are the values in hexadecimal. If the response is longer it means there are 2 values or more. So if responde is 8 digits, 5-6 will be value A and 7-8 will be value B

Taking the formula from rpms with the PID demostrate that my rpms where in around 1800 at idle. Just take the 5-6 and 7-8 digits and convert from hexadecimal to decimal number. And place it on the formula.

For now, i just trying to figure out what PID is the gas tank lever, if it exists..

Enviado desde mi SM-G850M mediante Tapatalk

Have you found any new PID's. If so can you share it?

Kevin

Diego:
Nice, have you found the PID for the Gear indicator?
Also, here is something for you to check out if you have free time.
1. Fill the tank full and run the same test (cancel it past that last PID 2166, I havent gotten anything past that) with a cold engine
2. Do the test once again (with a cold engine start) when your tank is just about to hit reserve level and compare the the outputs for any changes.
The PID(s) with changes will be the one that links to the fuel level sensor (if that sensor exists)

Benutzer

Hi,
I come from germany an I ride a Duke 390 (2015). I'm sorry that my english is not very well, but I hope you understand me.

I connected a ELM327. If I switch on the ignition I get comunication between ecu and ELM. :)
The communication will be lost if I start the engine. :mad:
Any body has an idea what can be the problem ? I think the ELM is OK because it works in the car.

Fasteddy

Country flag
I use an ELM327 with no issues, I connect to it using scantool in Linux and the software does reset occasionally but very useful.

Benutzer

Today I used vcds rosstech- tool. It is for volkswagen cars, but I could saw few values. I had no interuptions if I start the engine.
Futhermore I used the elm327 in the car about longer distance. I could see that the values freeze for 5-10 sec for twice times. Finally I'm not sure that the elm327 works proper. I will try to use a other adapter..

SChemist

Country flag
New to the forum but found this and brought it back from the dead.

Just built the connector as I wanted to know my coolant temperature. Now really itching to figure out the missing PID's.

Anyone figure out what the missing PID's are? RPM was already setup in mine as I have a 2018.

Thanks all!

John390

just going to add, that with my bike and ELM327 and good quality cable, mine shows engine rpm in Torque pro right off the bat

John390

hey, question for y'all.

I have it all setup nicely, but no working air fuel ratio. Guage just sits at the bottom, doing nothing, never moving, no matter how hot or how long its running.

Everything else is great, but this is one of the reasons I wanted the damn thing so I could watch AFR so I don't run lean. Also for when I tune with Rapidbike I can lean out off idle and cruise to get max mileage and lower pollution, but get good power and roll on throttle response.

Biker

Country flag
Just a pic of the cable I built using parts and pins I had lying around. The plug in the middle is not really needed I just put it in.
OBD2 device is Elm327 and will be using Torque Pro.
Will be testing it tomorrow.Screenshot_20200531-145327.png

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I didn't have much luck with the ELM327. I coudln't ever get Torque to connect to it! But then I was also using the free version of Torque so maybe that was the issue. Report back and let us know how it goes, please!

Biker

Country flag
I didn't have much luck with the ELM327. I coudln't ever get Torque to connect to it! But then I was also using the free version of Torque so maybe that was the issue. Report back and let us know how it goes, please!

Works find both with the free Torque app as well as Torque Pro. Can't get rpm readings though.

fostytou

Country flag
FYI there is now a cable on amazon that works for both K-line and CAN. Make sure you read the comments (I've posted one confirming the pinout) to make sure you get the correct one. The item number I ordered is B083JTR84L .

forgedPistons

Country flag
I have successfully read the 2015 RC 390 RPM Data, with ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-22 at 12.37.34 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-22 at 12.37.34 (1).jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 34
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-22 at 12.37.34 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-22 at 12.37.34 (2).jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 30
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-22 at 12.37.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-22 at 12.37.34.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20181010_092646.jpg
    20181010_092646.jpg
    970.3 KB · Views: 29

RickCrespo

Country flag
Hello All, I just found these posts. Is the 2015 RC 390 OBD port using K-Line or CAN? A buddy used his cable and some mobile app and could retrieve a bunch of information including RPM, but I don't know if it was reading K-Line or CAN.

Thanks in advance.

RacinJason44

Country flag
Hello All, I just found these posts. Is the 2015 RC 390 OBD port using K-Line or CAN? A buddy used his cable and some mobile app and could retrieve a bunch of information including RPM, but I don't know if it was reading K-Line or CAN.

Thanks in advance.
Hey Rick, I have been trying to do this on my 2015 with no luck. Discovered the cable I had is pinned out for K-Line only. I bought a cable that is wired for both K-Line and CAN and it read it right away.

RickCrespo

Country flag
Hey Jason, am I reading this correctly? You got it to work? Can you tell me what cable and are you using an AIM system?

RacinJason44

Country flag
Hey Jason, am I reading this correctly? You got it to work? Can you tell me what cable and are you using an AIM system?
I was able to read and clear codes and most of the data using a cable from Amazon, pn: B083JTR84L, a Zurich Bluetooth adapter (a generic ELM327 should work just the same) and the Torque Pro app. The bike is a race bike with a PCV and an Annitori (sp?) quickshifter, but that shouldn't change anything. Still working on figuring out how to make the RPM reading work correctly.

RickCrespo

Country flag
The torque pro app is reading K-line though, right? Are you collecting the data with the Torque Pro? As of now, I abandoned the idea of getting data directly from the ECU. AIM, isn't interested in writing the code necessary to work with K-Line since it isn't being used by Amy other motorcycle manufacturer. At the moment I simply went hybrid and am getting RPM signal directly from the coil, and water temp from an water sensor off a water hose manifold.

RacinJason44

Country flag
The torque pro app is reading K-line though, right? Are you collecting the data with the Torque Pro? As of now, I abandoned the idea of getting data directly from the ECU. AIM, isn't interested in writing the code necessary to work with K-Line since it isn't being used by Amy other motorcycle manufacturer. At the moment I simply went hybrid and am getting RPM signal directly from the coil, and water temp from an water sensor off a water hose manifold.
I don't think I is reading K-Line data. The old cable I had that I could not make work only had K-Line, switching to a cable that has K-Line and CAN solved my problem. It's possible my other cable didn't work as it should, but I haven't gone as far to do a continuity test on it.

Yes, Torque Pro was able to collect and record data as well as a other free app I installed while chasing my tail with the old cable.

When looking at how ForgedPistons above connected his wiring to his 2015 he has wires going to and from the CAN positions on the port to the CAN positions on the reader, and not the K-Line pins.