### OTD Prices ###

chxmp

I was quoted $7800-$7900 from Del Amo Motorsports in Redondo Beach...what a joke. But it was "their last one!" And "several other people already have a deposit on that bike." I live right down the street from Beverly Hills Ducati aka KTM Los Angeles and read another forum member who said $7400 from them.

I went online and requested quotes from basically all of the SoCal dealers that listed they had the RC 390 in stock. Palm Springs Motorsports had replied very quickly in the morning to the OTD quote I requested online the night before. Salesman said $6200, actually $6186.87 to be exact. I was planning to take a day off work and rent a car to drive to Palm Springs to ride the bike back. I asked if they by chance delivered to the Los Angeles area and they do for $100. This is in the back of one of the giant Mercedes Sprinters with air conditioning...not on the back of a pickup like I had a Ducati delivered in the past.

So I called them Saturday 6/13/15 and told them I wanted to purchase it with the $100 delivery. Out the door it came out to $6169.87, $6269.87 with the $100 delivery to West Hollywood because the guy Rocky ringing me up over the phone mentioned the sales guy over-quoted me $15. If that's not honesty in the middle of a transaction, I don't know what is. This was at 3pm...4 hours later at 7pm the owner Lee arived to personally deliver the bike to me. This was seriously the best and easiest purchase ever, I didn't have to deal with skeezy salesman trying to burn a hole in my pocket or anything like that. The owner Lee even informed me he sold a Yamaha R1M last week at MSRP when he knows other SoCal dealers are selling this very limited bike $4-$7k over MSRP.

I basically joined this forum A) to be part of the RC 390 community, but also B) to steer people looking to purchase this bike who live in Los Angeles like I do and not pay over $7k like I thought I was going to have to. Much better to get a great quote from a dealer 100 miles away and pay $100 for delievery. I'm all about supporting my local bike shop, but not when their overhead is so high and they're ripping you off. Seriously can't believe Del Amo quoted me $1,600 more than I paid....

Same story at Del Amo. In addition, the sales person tried to sell me a 5 year warranty at cost on top of the current 1 year manufacturers warranty. Asked flat out about this to the finance closer and they had no idea what I was talking about when I requested more info on how much actual coverage is included in the 5 year. Pretty bummed out the whole shop is being painted as shifty... there are some quality people working there, but my experience with the 390 has made sure that I never shop/refer anyone to shop there.

Guyhowdy

Same story at Del Amo. In addition, the sales person tried to sell me a 5 year warranty at cost on top of the current 1 year manufacturers warranty. Asked flat out about this to the finance closer and they had no idea what I was talking about when I requested more info on how much actual coverage is included in the 5 year. Pretty bummed out the whole shop is being painted as shifty... there are some quality people working there, but my experience with the 390 has made sure that I never shop/refer anyone to shop there.

I had the salesman that insulted me with an $8k quote call me back the other day to tell me they just got more RC 390s in stock. The conversation then took an awkward turn when he asked if I ended up going with Palm Springs. Uhh you mean that dealership that didn't try to rip me off? Ya I bought my bike from them and have been riding it for a week now. He tried to salvage the awkward phone call by asking me how I like it...I love it, and I love that I didn't pay almost $2k more for it. He finished up by making some comment about how he knows I had to go way out of the way to go to that dealership and if there's anything I need in the future to contact him...umm no they delivered my bike within 4 hours of when I purchased it over the phone, thanks though.

They will most likely continue to sell these bikes at those prices to uninformed consumers and make some extra dollars in the short run, but they're burning bridges with potential life long customers that will buy their next bike from them in the future as well as refer friends. I know where I'm shopping for my next bike at, and it ain't at Del Ripoff Motorsports!

ToraTora

Country flag
Well the trick is to keep folks informed. Lots of people go online these days for information, and this site has high visibility for the RC because of the posts that we are making. Maybe we should have the Mods change the title of this thread to Out The Door Prices so that it is more visible. And maybe in the OP edit it to list shops that over charge, and shops that are being cool. That will stir up the pot!

It will be a lot harder to rip people off if we are empowered with knowledge.

Anyway GH great posts! :)

D

Deleted member 351

I managed to get mine for $6800 OTD in the SF Bay Area. I tried to get it for $6700 but they wouldn't budge it was the lowest I could get it. All the other dealers that I called wanted $7100 - $7200.

OldVet

Central California... $6,595.61 OTD... $5,499 + tax $453.61 @7.625% (unincorporated area, City would have been 2.5% higher) @ + Lic. fee $128 + doc fee.$65 + freight $450...

Last edited:

Foxxer234

$5,750 for mine. Had to drive 200 miles to pick it up, but my friend covered the gas. So all i lost was time. The local dealer wanted about $6,500. I tried to talk him down, but he insisted they couldnt even take $100 off.

rick

I had the salesman that insulted me with an $8k quote call me back the other day to tell me they just got more RC 390s in stock. The conversation then took an awkward turn when he asked if I ended up going with Palm Springs. Uhh you mean that dealership that didn't try to rip me off?
Now I'm extra scurred.

I contacted Del Amo Motorsports - Long Beach yesterday morning about a used RC390 with ~600 miles for $4,799 on craigslist. Got approved for financing through them and offered a 20% deposit with pickup this weekend (it's a long drive for me). Around 6 o'clock last night they called saying that my deposit won't hold the bike. Lots of back and forth and lots of, "let me talk to my manager and call you back" stuff. It was starting to get really weird but, the calls stopped around their closing time at 7. I figured he was done for the day and we'd pick it back up this morning. Instead, around 9:30PM, he calls and says they sold the bike to someone else. ...My feelings toward Del Amo were decidedly unkind at this point. The nicest (or least evil) scenario I can imagine has to do with quotas and it being the last day of the month.

Around noon today he calls me back and says that he'll make it up to me with a brand new one for the same OTD price as the used one and I accept. So, now I don't know if I should be really incredibly impressed with them for taking care of me and going way above and beyond to fix a deal that went screwy on their end for whatever reason ...or scared that I'm gonna drive way the hell out there and then something horrible will happen again.

Last edited:

OldVet

I would ask for conformation via email or fax with an authorized persons signature before I would head down there.

You live in a awesome area to ride I love 33 out of Ojai.

ASM

I contacted Del Amo Motorsports - Long Beach yesterday morning about a used RC390 with ~600 miles for $4,799 on craigslist. Got approved for financing through them and offered a 20% deposit with pickup this weekend (it's a long drive for me). Around 6 o'clock last night they called saying that my deposit won't hold the bike. Lots of back and forth and lots of, "let me talk to my manager and call you back" stuff. It was starting to get really weird but, the calls stopped around their closing time at 7. I figured he was done for the day and we'd pick it back up this morning. Instead, around 9:30PM, he calls and says they sold the bike to someone else. ...My feelings toward Del Amo were decidedly unkind at this point. The nicest (or least evil) scenario I can imagine has to do with quotas and it being the last day of the month.

Around noon today he calls me back and says that he'll make it up to me with a brand new one for the same OTD price as the used one and I accept. So, now I don't know if I should be really incredibly impressed with them for taking care of me and going way above and beyond to fix a deal that went screwy on their end for whatever reason ...or scared that I'm gonna drive way the hell out there and then something horrible will happen again.

Huh? That's more than impressive if you ask me. A brand-new bike with an MSRP of $5,500 for $700 less but including all fees and taxes? I'd take two for that price...

Bagwell

Country flag
Im sure the OTD price is $4799 plus tax, title, shipping, etc just as the price for the used one would have been.

Foxxer234

I would have drove 200 miles for that price even if I had to buy the gas :D

It was a good drive lol. Nice little road trip. Only doen side is the dealer didnt fill the tabk, and the bike was dusty. For the price i can afford a wash, and a tank of gas.

Starxz

Country flag
$6700 in Michigan is what I paid for mine OTD. Got an extended warranty on it and pushed it to $7150 overall.

rick

You live in a awesome area to ride I love 33 out of Ojai.
Heh, that was certainly a factor for me when we decided to move there. ;)
I would ask for conformation via email or fax with an authorized persons signature before I would head down there.
Huh? That's more than impressive if you ask me. A brand-new bike with an MSRP of $5,500 for $700 less but including all fees and taxes? I'd take two for that price...
Im sure the OTD price is $4799 plus tax, title, shipping, etc just as the price for the used one would have been.
Right?!? This kind covers the gamut of my feelings. This could to most amazing customer service example and puts all other dealerships to shame ...or not. I'm definitely excited - hell, I started making some room for it in the garage last night so, I'm clearly expecting the best. Wednesday night just got so weird.

Just to keep the thread on topic, they did say that their normal OTD price is $7,900. They said that the $4,799 used bike would have been $6000 OTD. That is a few hundred more than straight Sales Tax (9%) and DMV Fees according to the DMV Registration Calculator so, I'm curious to see how all this works out.

jokerio

Apparently, there isn't a very big profit margin on these bikes especially the Cup bike which actually costs the dealer more than the MSRP of $9,999. And my dealer buddy also said that dealer cost on the street version is $5500. So the only profit in it for the dealers is the freight & set-up.

rick

UPDATE: Del Amo honored the the deal without any hassle at all! Everyone was very nice to! Would buy again. :)

They did list some up-sell warranty-like options I could take but there wasn't any pressure. I did go for the 5 year/unlimited mileage mechanical/electrical failure coverage. It even covers fork seals. For the mileage I plan to put on this bike (~25k/year) I think I have a shot at coming out ahead.

Last edited: