Parts unavailable KTM rc 390 (Rear Brake Pedal Needed!)

Metal99

Hello everyone,

I hope that you are enjoying the RC as much as I am. However, lack of parts has me considering selling this bike which has been marketed in the U.S. WITHOUT proper stocking and availability of parts. When I took it in for the 600 mile service, it sat in the shop for a week because my KTM dealer did not even have an oil filter. I had to do the leg work and found one in Phoenix (I live in Tucson, AZ) and had it sent to the shop. It has been one issue after another.

Here is my posting question: A thunderstorm put my rc 390 on it's side and broke the rear brake pedal. Various dealers throughout the West Coast and Southwest have told me that the KTM rc 390 brake pedal will not be available until October AT THE EARLIEST. I paid top dollar for this bike and now I'm supposed to sit and look at it for at least two months until a stupid pedal is available? Do any of you have any information on getting basic parts for this bike that has been available around the world for some time now? If you do, I would be very appreciative of any links or contacts that might put me in touch with a supplier of the rear brake pedal. Otherwise, let me know if you want to buy a KTM. This is ridiculous I also need a right hand clip-on since that got bent a bit when the bike fell as well.

This is indeed a performance bike-especially for the price. But if part availability and mechanicals continue, the hype might be diminished in the near future.

PS-my rc 390 ran very well and idled smoothly until I had the 600 mi tune-up. Now it has stalled once and idles roughly. Just a FYI.

Ride safe, stay alive, and watch out for the idiots.

Metal J

ArkansasDave

Sounds like you have a bad dealer in your area. It's a new and very popular bike. I would consider looking at after market parts.

ryandalling

After wrecking mine on track and breaking both the brake pedal and the lever, I have spares... spares I don't need now that I have the PP rearsets on. Ping me if you still need some.

Metal99

Brake Pedal

I've got one. Taken off at 132 miles. No damage. PM if you're interested.

Is the brake pedal for the Duke or RC? I've heard the Duke will not work. If you have a pedal you want to sell, feel free to call me at 520-207-6385 or email me at
[email protected]

That would be awesome if you with to sell it. How would we transfer funds?

Thank you very much!

Jeff

Metal99

I would love to buy your rear brake pedal and have family in Portland who could pick it up and pay you for it on the spot. PLEASE let me know if you are interested in selling the rear brake pedal, how much you want, and when and where to send a family member. It is for the RC and not the Duke, correct?

Call or email-- 520-207-6385 or [email protected]