Passenger Seat

Hooligan

Tried to give wife a ride yesterday but she slid all over the place on passenger seat. She was wearing jeans, seat has no friction. Maybe some grip tape would work. Anyone else encounter similar problem?

jjkob

Tried to give wife a ride yesterday but she slid all over the place on passenger seat. She was wearing jeans, seat has no friction. Maybe some grip tape would work. Anyone else encounter similar problem?

I am considering buying an RC 390, but having viewed the bike at a store I am also concerned about its ability to comfortably and safely hold a passenger (although the salesman claims that his wife rides with him all the time). Have you found a solution Hooligan? Or can anyone else share their passenger riding experience(s)?

Thanks!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Small displacement bikes aren't really suitable for passengers. While having the capability to transport a passenger a short distance is nice, really, it's just not the bike for regular 2 up riding. I would guess that most of us have all removed the passenger pegs, and if we are wanting to go out with the SO for a 2 up ride, we are using one of our other, larger, bikes. My wife prefers to go riding on my CBR 1100XX Blackbird when we go out. She doesn't like riding on the back of my Gixxer 1000, because wheelies freak her out, even just the "floating the front off the ground a half inch" sort from accelerating from a light... which are nearly impossible NOT to do with a passenger.