PCV experience (from commonwealth motorcycles)

Gravityfreak

To cut a long story short, I had money that had to be spent for Christmas. So I bought the PCV from Commonwealth and asked for the appropriate map to be loaded.

My bike wasn't running poorly - in fact with the exception of a couple of small flat spots - it ran great. Sure it surged at low revs but I kinda expect that. But, I knew that with my Akra pipe and map, plus airbox mods and filter there had to me more power in there and a better ride.

When I fitted the PCV I knew not to expect much. I rode it in wet weather and while is was definitely way smoother and the surging was gone, it didn't blow my mind. Then, two things happened; I re-installed the exhaust baffle and I took it for a PROPER ride. Now I can only assume the map was created for a baffled bike because hold crap - it made a huge difference. The bike properly power wheelies in second gear if I lean back and whack open the throttle. I could easily loop out in first gear.

I took it to my favourite set of twisty's and couldn't believe the extra speed I was making between corners - actually had a bit of a 'moment' when I approach one corner I know well waaaay quicker than I had anticipated. Where previously I was always between 3rd and 4th gears - I was now pretty much only in 4th. I wasn't expecting much but it has made a substantial difference to this bike. I had a 690 before and honestly, the 390 now feels damn close to it in corner to corner speed (but way easier to ride).

So, props to Chad for the incredible map and if you like me have been considering it but are held back because your bike already runs 'well enough' ..... your missing out.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Thanks guys for the kind words and sharing your experience. Just those couple mods on these bikes makes for a WORLD of improvement ;). Not just power increase but drivability and overall smoothness, better fuel economy, it makes the bike behave like it "should".

I agree with all the above - Chad helped turn my bike from a stalling unrideable frustration to a smooth reliable bike - and great communication - Commonwealth Motorcycles certainly go out of their way to ensure customer satisfaction - 10 out of 10 in my book :)