pipe heat mods

silverstarnc

I coated and wrapped my pipe this afternoon, Does anyone know how the muffler comes out? bottom or??

Attachments

• 11140378_1606495099589041_2451728833084602260_n.jpg
    11140378_1606495099589041_2451728833084602260_n.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,085

Ryanthegreat1

I think you wrapped it wrong way round. Start at the rear and work your way forward. This will make sure the wraps stay tight and don't catch air under the leading edge and open them up. Otherwise looks good!

mr-fabricator

Mufler come out the bottom .

Loosen the header pipe at the cylinder end
Remove all the muffler bolts
Muffler comes out underneath, if it catched bounce the back up and down and it will pop out .

Regards lee

Treachery

Country flag
I think you wrapped it wrong way round. Start at the rear and work your way forward. This will make sure the wraps stay tight and don't catch air under the leading edge and open them up. Otherwise looks good!
Thanks for the tip. Don't know that I'm going to be doing this, but I prolly wouldn't have thought of that.

s30series

I ceramic coated mine first both inside and out. Then threw on DEI's Ti wrap from the head all the way back to the can. Makes a big difference in radiant heat!

s30series

Performance coatings in Atlanta, GA....they've done my 280Z header, my BRZ header, and now this. Fantastic quality and prices.

silverstarnc

I can ceramic coat out side, never tried to inside coat one. I've had people tell me that about the wrap before, But I have never had a problem after 15+ years of racing. I just wrap it the easiest way, in this case because of the sensor I started on the head side first.

Burnzi850

Just wondering, will this help with keeping the engine any cooler? I just got my RC this past week, and the engine fan kicks on frequently. My first bike was a 05 ninja 250, and the fan would only ever operate in the hottest of days in slow/stopped traffic. Here in Kentucky, we are seeing high 80's to low 90's, and the days will get hotter in the coming months. The fan has even kicked on cruising between 4 and 6 thousand rpm around town.

If it will help with reducing engine temps, how much should I expect to pay for this so that I know I'm not getting ripped off.

Thanks!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Just wondering, will this help with keeping the engine any cooler? I just got my RC this past week, and the engine fan kicks on frequently. My first bike was a 05 ninja 250, and the fan would only ever operate in the hottest of days in slow/stopped traffic. Here in Kentucky, we are seeing high 80's to low 90's, and the days will get hotter in the coming months. The fan has even kicked on cruising between 4 and 6 thousand rpm around town.

If it will help with reducing engine temps, how much should I expect to pay for this so that I know I'm not getting ripped off.

Thanks!

It most likely won't reduce the running temperature of the motor. Exhaust wrap is to keep the exhaust temps higher and improve scavenging. This CAN result in a lean mixture, tho I doubt that would happen on the RC390 it shouldn't be done if you aren't already somehow monitoring and modifying your injectors / timing via a Power Commander or similar tuning device... especially because any modifications to the intake or exhaust WITHOUT tuning has shown to result in a lean condition with the bike. While it can assist with radiant heat, which can contribute to the motor heating up some, it's not really enough to keep the fan from kicking on constantly. The RC is just a hot running motor and short of it eventually getting a larger radiator, I don't see really much of anything we could do to cool it down.