Plastic buzzing...

reenmachine

Country flag
We had a whole thread about these plastic rivets somewhere. We came up with everything from OEM replacements to fancy alternatives to super-cheapies that work great.

stevieboy

Country flag
I did go through that thread and bought some of the alternatives listed. Hardly worth the effort to throw them away! Poor fit, quality and require way too much time to clean all the flash off to make usable. I'm new here so I have a lot of catching up to do. The plastic rivets work even more poorly than before after the radiator fan replacement and the misalignment of the dealers reassembly.

Last edited:

Ride and Drive

Thank youu!!!!!!!!!!
I spent so damn long trying to figure this one out! Holding the windshield fixed my rattle so I tore that out tried foams etc nothing worked. After breaking everything down I found it was those stupid goddamn plastic rivets in the windshield! I replaced mine with the orange ebay ones and problem solved!Bike is now 100% rattle free! Not that I could hear much of anything over the werkes exhaust.

SneakyOwl

Okay, so I am really bad at finding exactly what I need here...

Can ayone post the specific Ebay link for the replacement rivets I would need to rid me of the buzzing, and point out in a picture where those rivets are on the bike?