Purchased 2015 RC 390 w/214miles on it

hoghead32

Knew nothing bout the bike but was satisfied with the older 690 Duke...heat issues became apparent almost immediately...came to this site and are ready to order the fan upgrade, already ordered 1.6 radiator cap and hoping they will solve the heat issues. I also noticed the plastic vanes in front of the radiator that seem to block or redirect the airflow up but mostly block airflow it seems...most bikes I've had allow the radiator to have full access to the oncoming air....so I removed the vanes. my question is did I create a problem? Whoops just noticed it has a 1.4 radiator cap installed but don't know if thats stock or a upgrade that really doesn't do much thus far

Last edited:

cornerslider

My 2 cents...... Put the vanes back on. They are designed to protect the radiator from flying road debris that may come off the front wheel [emoji41][emoji4]. The stock radiator cap is 1.4 bar. I too went with the 1.6 bar, and never regretted it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hoghead32

just finished removing the radiator

..,new fan coming Sunday the coolant is full strength not a mix...being less efficient or able to cool I've read . this radiator sits high up and the bottom is just a tad higher then the front fender so here in florida the rocks on our hwys. are the size of sand...more apt to hit a bug so I think I'll leave the vanes off. they do a good job of concelling that there is a radiator behind them somewhere....the fan is a joke as far as allowing any movement of air as well....390 mileage 51mpg so far...mileage on 690 51mpg as well.

hoghead32

walked by the 690 Duke and radiator is mounted high up and no shielding/vanes on it's face...totally bare....cool as a cucumber!