Quick Turn Throttle

SWdragon

Country flag
Installed the MNNTHBX quick throttle and new renthal grips. I did not like the stock grips as they were to fat for me. The throttle and grips to me, make a big improvement in performance and control. Well worth the money and time installing these parts.

mr-fabricator

Ive been using a domino stand alone throttle since i ditched all the stock switch gear , time has come for a quick action so got a cheep one from ebay to try , if i like then ill go for something a little.more professional :)

Glad you like yours :)

Regards lee

psych0hans

Country flag
Ive been using a domino stand alone throttle since i ditched all the stock switch gear , time has come for a quick action so got a cheep one from ebay to try , if i like then ill go for something a little.more professional :)

Glad you like yours :)

Regards lee

Hi Lee, any updates on the quick action throttle?

AirRsq

I know the quick turn throttle tube is not a very cheap mod, especially when you add the price of grips and shipping = $100+. But, I can say that it is the single most noticeable mod I have done, and in addition to the much shorter throttle throw, the smoothness and solid feeling vs. the stocker is light years better. I mostly track ride my bike, and with the stock tube I would have to overgrip or regrip just to get full throttle coming out of a corner. Obviously not the best technique for speed and smoothness. Yes there are cheaper eBay options, but you will not regret spending the $100 on this mod.

Andy

Country flag
I'm going for a Domino Universal throttle, do you need to use a Domino throttle cable (single or twin) or can you retain the standard cable?

Think you also need a separate switch gear assembly to replace the standard setup.

tecknojoe

Country flag
I know the quick turn throttle tube is not a very cheap mod, especially when you add the price of grips and shipping = $100+. But, I can say that it is the single most noticeable mod I have done, and in addition to the much shorter throttle throw, the smoothness and solid feeling vs. the stocker is light years better. I mostly track ride my bike, and with the stock tube I would have to overgrip or regrip just to get full throttle coming out of a corner. Obviously not the best technique for speed and smoothness. Yes there are cheaper eBay options, but you will not regret spending the $100 on this mod.

Which tube are you talking about? The G2 quick turn from MNNTHBX that was mentioned in the OP?

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Glad you guys are liking them. I've always been really particular with my controls, and our G2 (in my opinion) is by far the highest quality option available.

psych0hans

Country flag
Any chance a quicker ratio tube from a Yamaha R6 might fit?

Hi Old3, if you go in for the Chinese quick throttle like me and DCMoney, you definitely won't be disappointed. It's super quick and pretty well built as well, being made entirely of aluminium... AND you can get it in orange :p

Old3

Country flag
Hi Old3, if you go in for the Chinese quick throttle like me and DCMoney, you definitely won't be disappointed. It's super quick and pretty well built as well, being made entirely of aluminium... AND you can get it in orange :p

Thanks, these on eBay or is there a forum vendor offering them? The R6 tubes are cheap and effective, they fit the Ninja and R3. Just. A Shot in the dark it might be the same tube.

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
Dunno. Waiting until it's warm enough to get into the garage for that and the other installs I've got lined up!
:cool:

Grove

Hi Old3, if you go in for the Chinese quick throttle like me and DCMoney, you definitely won't be disappointed. It's super quick and pretty well built as well, being made entirely of aluminium... AND you can get it in orange [emoji14]
Hi psych0hans (and anyone running the Chinese quick throttle), did you have to swap out the switch housing?

If so, any tips/ suggestions on that, please?

I have the throttle on the way, and am just wondering what else I need to pick up or do.

Hi psych0hans (and anyone running the Chinese quick throttle), did you have to swap out the switch housing?

I have the throttle on the way, and am just wondering what else I need to pick up or do.

The Chinese throttle comes with its own housing. You will need to get a new start/stop kill switch. We have 2 bikes with the eBay Chinese throttle and broke the throttle cable on both bikes. The RC Cup throttle is another option, not as short as the Chinese throttle but no broken throttle cables at the track.

The Motion Pro is the best quick throttle for the KTM so far, have them on our 4 bikes now.

Grove

The Chinese throttle comes with its own housing. You will need to get a new start/stop kill switch. We have 2 bikes with the eBay Chinese throttle and broke the throttle cable on both bikes. The RC Cup throttle is another option, not as short as the Chinese throttle but no broken throttle cables at the track.

The Motion Pro is the best quick throttle for the KTM so far, have them on our 4 bikes now.
Thank you very much for this, very helpful.

Oh man, I had thought the broken throttle cable was more of a theoretical concern given the likes here.

But now this is giving me serious pause, as I ride my bike to the track.

Last edited:

psych0hans

Country flag

Hi, I personally haven't changed my housing, but this is something that I will do soon. Reason being that my throttle is sitting too far out now and is causing issues for my bar end mirrors. I'm replacing it with an R6 unit.