Quick Turn Throttle

psych0hans

Country flag
The Chinese throttle comes with its own housing. You will need to get a new start/stop kill switch. We have 2 bikes with the eBay Chinese throttle and broke the throttle cable on both bikes. The RC Cup throttle is another option, not as short as the Chinese throttle but no broken throttle cables at the track.

The Motion Pro is the best quick throttle for the KTM so far, have them on our 4 bikes now.

Hi, thanks for sharing this. Any insight on what might be causing the cables to break? Thank you.

Hi, thanks for sharing this. Any insight on what might be causing the cables to break? Thank you.

All 3 cables broke at the cam end of the throttle tube. I suspect the Chinese cam start fraying the cable over time with every turn (sharp edges). I also did not grease the cam like I did with the MotionPro, Chinese throttle did not come with any instructions and I am not a real mechanic. When I had the Chinese throttle I would bring two extra throttle cable to the track with me. I was able to change the cable without missing a session during my last track day. It's still a good deal for $10.00 and if I would keep using the Chinese throttle it would be a good idea to order a new cable and the rubber plug for the throttle body cable bracket as spares.

The MotionPro throttle is very smooth and quick, worth the money.