Race bike bogging and stalling on corner exit when low in RPM's. Thoughts?

Contact KTM performance for their gasket kit and new head bolts. Get the head resurface, you might need remove some of the timing due to thinner head gasket.

Last edited:

Maddog Reynolds

Just a thought: check the crankcase breathers. My road bike started misfiring occasionally when opening the throttle at low-ish revs. I had white gunk ('mayonnaise') and loose water in the two breather tubes. As a standard road bike, these feed into the inlet near the throttle body. When I changed thenoil and cleared these tubes, the misfire went away completely.

mdabyo

Country flag
breathers are fine.. fingers crossed its not a head gasket, i have driven around the neighborhood and seems fine but its not really pushing it. Track day on Thursday so we will see. I should know pretty quick if its a head gasket or not

I flushed the coolant just in case and it was clear and the oil was pretty dirty for only 3 track days but its sometimes hard to tell if there is water in it. no foaming though.

-J

mdabyo

Country flag
must have either been the plug or not having the KTM map, the bike is running great this weekend! Saying that i am having idle issues i.e. it seems like it skips a beat everynow and then and stalls at idle sometimes before i go out. but no issues on the track. I tried the 15min idle trick and it seemed to do the trick for a little while then it came back.

Had it on the Dyno as well, curve looks great (thanks Chad the map is awesome) and pushed 41HP.