race bike idle issue

mdabyo

Country flag
Anyone have issues with there bike idling? Mine is a bugger to start (take a bit to kick over first thing in the am, but then is fine) but she never idle's well. stalls continually when sitting and even when i am riding if i stop and try to idle in neutral she usually stalls. No issues on the track though.

i Tried the 15 min idle trick but it only worked for that one session, next time out went to shit again.

-Jason

isaac_

Anyone have issues with there bike idling? Mine is a bugger to start (take a bit to kick over first thing in the am, but then is fine) but she never idle's well. stalls continually when sitting and even when i am riding if i stop and try to idle in neutral she usually stalls. No issues on the track though.

i Tried the 15 min idle trick but it only worked for that one session, next time out went to shit again.

-Jason

Can you describe how it sounds before it stalls? Does it sound like it is starved for fuel? Does it cut off immediately without warning?

I would first check that the idle air control is fully seated on the throttle body. For months my bike would not idle longer than 1 minute. Sometimes 15 seconds. Turns out the connection had backed off entirely. The bike would sound fine... and it would cut out without warning.

mdabyo

Country flag
It sounds like its skipping a beat every now and then, say every 5 seconds. I will double check the idle air control.

Michelle

Hi mdabyo , when I got my bike its sounded like it was skipping a beat and it was ticking over really slow... When I put my fueling unit on it ticked over much better but it still sounded like it skips a beat sometimes.
Since then I have fine tuned my fueling unit TPS and calibrated the throttle. Now its very rare it skips a beat , ticks over nice...

I have read others having this problem and when they set the TPS it seems to fix it.... You could give that a try......