Race tail fairing for street, with tail-lights ! ( watch video )

morssolis

Have you though about just running the brake light / turn signal combo that bolts to the plate? Like this one. They make it with built in signals as well.
GYB-Stopper-License-Plate-Holder1.jpg

jokerio

now that is badass! do u mind sharing wat you used for the build? or possibly make a few and sell them to a few guys on here?
Well, to start with, this is the race seat available from KTM.
The L.E.D.'s I bought on ebay (about $15 total) They are adhesive and just stick-on the back of the seat. I drilled a small hole for the wires to go through and snipped the wires at the end of the original tail light, to harvest the plug that goes to the harness.(simple soldering of the wires there)
The two 9 bulb strips I used in the middle for the running light, flanked by the two 18 bulb strips for the brake-light... Easy-peasy ! Red Bright 6" 18 LED Waterproof Flexible Light Strip w Adhesive IP65 SMD3528 | eBay and 2 Red 15cm 6" 9 LED Flexible Light Strip w Adhesive USA Seller | eBay

Last edited:

jokerio

Is there not anyway to put the stock lights into the ktm race seat?
I'm not saying it's impossible but most likely improbable. The race seat is very flimsy and I doubt it would hold/support the stock tail light.
Plus, you would have to figure out a way to attach it securely. That's why I went in this direction…….

psych0hans

Country flag
Well, to start with, this is the race seat available from KTM.
The L.E.D.'s I bought on ebay (about $15 total) They are adhesive and just stick-on the back of the seat. I drilled a small hole for the wires to go through and snipped the wires at the end of the original tail light, to harvest the plug that goes to the harness.(simple soldering of the wires there)
The two 9 bulb strips I used in the middle for the running light, flanked by the two 18 bulb strips for the brake-light... Easy-peasy ! Red Bright 6" 18 LED Waterproof Flexible Light Strip w Adhesive IP65 SMD3528 | eBay and 2 Red 15cm 6" 9 LED Flexible Light Strip w Adhesive USA Seller | eBay

You could possibly add some more strips on the sides and use them for your turn signals. Intergrated tail light ftw!! Lol

jokerio

You could possibly add some more strips on the sides and use them for your turn signals. Intergrated tail light ftw!! Lol
Not for me, since I rarely ever run a license plate, I like to leave it more towards a stock D.O.T. compliant look.
That way the cops leave me alone (hopefully) I know intergraded are legal and all, but it's one less reason to get the cops attention and get pulled-over..

KTMGene390

I'm not saying it's impossible but most likely improbable. The race seat is very flimsy and I doubt it would hold/support the stock tail light.
Plus, you would have to figure out a way to attach it securely. That's why I went in this direction…….

Here you go, race tail with stock brake light. The stock light fits very securely when done right. Jeff at Crago Racing did the work.

MotoKTM

Gah, this probably isn't the best place to ask this. But I had one of the screws from my seat come off. Anyone know what type of 2-piece screw it is? It's the one that goes on the left and right sides of the seat. :(

I imagine the cleanest option to reuse the OEM tail light with racing seat is to use the Tiga one designed for that (if I understand well)

seatraceset1-f254e45e.jpg

But I love the LED on the KTM racing seat!